chapter 3- starting over

Y E E T ! 😂👌
Extra long chapter, unfortunately bc of shoto's family issues 😂😭🖤

Enjoy!~

Izuku POV
After the last class of the day ended, I grabbed my stuff quickly and headed over to Todoroki's seat, where he was calmly packing his things.
He was so different than when I last saw him, being 5 and all.
He seems more relaxed, a little intimidating, and very..
Attractive.
Like, not just attractive, more like.. A whole snack?!

"H-hey, Todoroki!" I greeted him with a smile. He looked up at me and gave a small smile. "Hello, Midoriya." He replied.

"So, what do you plan on doing today..?" I asked as he finished up packing his things
"Uhh, nothing." He replied as he swung his bag strap over his shoulder, looking me dead in the eyes with his own.
"Oh, cool! Me either.." I said, nodding and looking away with a slight blush on my face.
"Have anything you wanna do?" He asked as we stood in the now empty classroom.
"Ah well, I don't know.. Maybe we should hang out or something.. Like old times! Well, maybe we shouldn't play superheroes or get married or anything, but.. Maybe just come to my house..?" I asked nervously, struggling to form the right words.
He looked down at me still, his deadpan stare never changing.
"Sure." He replied, giving the slightest nod.
"Okay, yay!" I smiled.
We both walked out if the classroom and down the hall, then out the front doors.
"Todorok-" "Shoto." He interrupted me. I looked up at him and blinked. "Call me Shoto." He said, then looked down at me.
I nodded with a huge blush.. He said I can call him by his first name!!!
"Uh, Shoto?" I said. He hummed in response.
"I don't live in the same apartment building, you know.." I said. He turned to me with a puzzled expression on his face.
"You dont?" He asked.
"No..We moved a few years ago.. It's not to far from here!" I smiled.
"Cool. Do you wanna maybe go to the old building, too? To see what it looks like?" He asked.
"Yeah! That sounds like fun!" I exclaimed, my face lighting up in excitement.

We went to my house first to tell my mom where we were going, and not to mention to tell her about Shoto in general.

"Mom! I'm home!" I called out as we entered my new apartment. Shoto walked closely behind me, a little shy.
"Hello Izuku! How was your fir- oh, who's this?" She asked as she walked in the kitchen, noticing the tall boy behind me.
"Wait, you look kinda familiar..." She said, squinting her eyes and examining Shoto.
"Mom, this is Todoroki Shoto, remember him?" I smiled.
Her eyes widened and her face lit up.
"Oh OH WOW! Goodness I forgot about you, hun! I remember now, oh you and Izuku used to play all the time! Before.. Oh.." Her face dropped as we approached her.
I'm assuming she remembered.
"Aww, I'm sorry, hun.." She said.
"It's alright." He lightly chuckled. She nodded and gave him a smile. "So where have you been all this time? What, ten years?" She asked. "I moved right after what happened. And yes, ten years." He replied.
"Ohh, okay. It's so nice to see you! Well come in!" Mom said, inviting him in.
"Well mom, we wanted to go visit the old building, first, if you don't mind..! Can we?" I asked. "Oh, no of course! Go ahead, be home before 8, though." She said.
"Okay, bye mom! Thanks!" I said as I gave her a quick peck on the cheek. "Bye Izuku, bye Shoto!" She smiled, waving us goodbye as we started walking out the door.
"Bye, Mrs. Midoriya." He smiled and I shut the door.

After ten minutes of walking down a few blocks, we both stood in front of a very familiar grey building.
We looked up at it for a minute.
"Should we sneak around to the back or something?" He asked, and I nodded.

It was just as big and colorful as I remember it.
I saw the slide and the small structure, with different colored bars, where we'd pretend we were in a castle, or on top of a building and saving someone from danger, like a hero. Then I saw the swing set, where we'd always see who could swing the highest. Then I saw the sandbox. Our favorite place, where so much happened in only the two to three years we played with each other.
A wave of nostalgia washed over me, making my eyes widen. "Wow.. It looks just as I remember it..." I said as I took a few steps to the swing set. He followed, with a "Mhmm..." In agreement.
I walked over to the sandbox and squatted down next to it.
I put my hand in the sand and played with it a little.
"I still have your toy, you know..." Shoto said directly behind me.
I stood, brushing the sand off my hand and turned to him, confused.
"What toy?" I asked.
"The last night I saw you, we were playing heroes. You brought an All Might action figure out, and we played with it all day. Later that night, before my incident, I came out to get the sweater I left out here, and I saw the figure sitting in the sandbox. You left it there and forgot it. I took it inside, and I was planning on returning it to you the next day, but.. Things happened and it didn't work out that way. But at least I always thought about you when I looked at it. I never forgot you.." He explained.
That explains where that thing went.
I nodded with an "ohh..".
"Your not mad that I took it.. Right?" He said. "Oh, no! That doesn't matter, you can keep it for all I care!" I laughed lightly. "It's just... I feel so bad.. That I forgot about you, and our friendship, and what we had here.. It's sad..." I sighed, looking around me in the chilly fall air.
"It's alright, that was a long time ago.." He replied.
"I still don't understand, how did I forget someone so important to me so quickly?!" I groaned, rubbing my temples in frustration.
For some reason, it was starting to get to me. "We used to be best friends!" I said, putting my face in my palms.
I felt his hands gently grab my wrists and slowly pull my hands away from my face. He lifted my chin up, forcing me to look into his beautiful heterochromic orbs.
"It's okay, don't beat yourself up about it. It's okay, we're together now, aren't we?" He said softly.
My green eyes widened and a small blushed formed across my cheeks, his words making my heart ache. I nodded with a small smile.
His eyes widened and he removed his hands away from me. "Uh, sorry.." He apologized. "No, it's okay..! I feel a lot better now." I smiled.
He nodded and looked in the other direction. We were still standing close together, my eyes never leaving his face. That when I really realized his scar.
A dark maroon like color around his left eye, surrounding his blue pupil.
"How did you get this scar?" I asked as I lifted my hand up to his face. He looked down at me as I gently touched the rough skin.
He stayed quiet and looked down.
"It's okay, you can tell me.. Unless you don't want to, you don't have to!" I said, not wanting to force him to tell me.
It was silent, all that could be heard was the birds songs, as my hand hovered away from his face.
"My mother." He finally said. I blinked and stared up at him.
"Your mom? What do you mean?" I asked.
"That last night I saw you.. My mother and father had just had another bad argument, probably resulting in violence between them. I walked in the kitchen to hear her crying on the phone about how she hates her life, wants to run away, and how unbearable my left side is. She noticed me right after she said that, and grabbed boiling water and poured it over my left eye. Now I have this scar. Forever. To remind me of how unbearable I am." He said as I ran my thumb across his cheek
That story broke my heart into a million pieces.
I would have never guessed Shoto had these many family issues.
"Shoto.. I'm so sorry.. That's 'the incident', isn't it?" Was all I could say.
"Yes, but it's alright. It's not your fault." He replied. He put his hand on mine, which was still on his cheek.
I blushed, not even realizing I still had my hand there.
"Your hands are soft, Izuku." He complimented me.
I raised my eyebrows in shock. I thought he would have removed my hand..
"T-thanks, Shoto.." I blushed and looked away.
It was silent for a moment, I could feel him staring at me.
"Wanna go on the swings?" He asked.
My eyes shot back to his, the question catching my a little off guard.
"Uh..sure!" I smiled a small smile as we took our hands away.
That was awkward, probably just to me though.
We walked over to the swing set. I sat on one swing and he sat next to me.
"So, what kind of stuff are you into these days?" He asked.
"Well, I still like All Might, I love music, especially pop, umm I love candy, dogs, boys, BTS-" "What..?" He cut me off, looking over to me. I blinked. "What? BTS?" I asked. "No, before that.." He chuckled.
I had to think. "Dogs..? Ohhhh Sugar Honey Iced Tea I said that out loud..?!" I bit my tongue.
He nodded and stared at me.
Why is he staring at me..?
"You love boys..?" He asked. Oh no is he homophobic?!
I gulped and shrugged, swinging a tiny bit, my eyes never leaving his even through the awkwardness I felt.
"Are you gay?" He asked.
I felt my heart beat faster. What if he is homophobic and never wants to talk to me anymore..?!
"U-uh..Yeah..." I said, my voice going up a few octaves in fear.
It was silent for a minute, waiting for him to call me gross and leave me. I looked down and waited for it.
"Me too." He replied.
My eyes widened and my head shot up to look at him. He had a small smile, looking down now.
"Oh.. Cool!" I smiled, although I'm mentally freaking out.
"Yep.." He sighed.
I weirdly felt more comfortable around him.
"So have you had a boyfriend? Do you have a boyfriend?" He asked, looking up.
"No.." I sighed, looking up at the blue sky and white fluffy clouds above us. "Oh.." He said.
"You?" I asked, turning to him. "Nah.." He replied, turning to look at me.
Was it weird that I wanted him to ask me out..?
"Your the only one.." He added. I blushed, "what..?"
"Well, we're married, remember?" He said, a small smile creeping on his lips.
"Oh stop..!" I laughed, looking down and playfully punching his arm as he laughed softly.
"Does that mean you want a divorce?" He asked. "Well no, but.." I blushed, looking away.
"Honeymoon?~" He asked, raising his eyebrows.
I looked up with my eyes wide, "S-SHOTO!" I blushed, punching his arm playfully again as he laughed. "I'm joking, I'm joking!"