Chapter 7

One week after the gym incident and I've tried to let go...partially. The next day after Ellie's video chat, I spoke to Vanessa and she assured me that it's normal to feel what I felt, telling me she's proud of me for making such a huge step.

I've gotten to know Darren and James better because of Ellie's persistent. Who knew boys loved watching Disney cartoons and well, Darren also loves my personal favourite, The Little Mermaid.

You just got to love Ariel. Who won't? She's got the same hair colour as Ellie and she's so cute.

Now, we became friends and sit at lunch together. Zane seems more closed off since the previous week and I've really not said anything much to him.

Why?

Really have nothing much to say to him.

At lunch yesterday, we were talking and all he could do was stare at his food and said he needed some fresh air. I was at first taken aback but I didn't just know-a feeling came up. Sometimes, I wish that feeling find its way back to the pit of hell.

Currently, I'm in Biology class and I'm excited for this project. Our teacher, Mr Collins had briefed us on what the project will curtail. We are waiting to know who our partners are. Ellie doesn't attend this class so, I'm alone.

Mr Collins clears his throat, "What is expected of you children is to pick a topic of your choice and make a comprehensive presentation in front of the class. For your presentation, I've added an extra week for practice because presentation duration is ten minutes and that includes questions. Due to the time limit, this assignment will go on on throughout the week after next. Without wasting much time, here are your partners," he straightens the paper in between his hands and brings calling out the names.

"Serena and Luke, Josh and Frank, Bridget and Sonia..." and that's all I hear before I zone out. I'm really excited to know who my partner is. Would my partner love my favourite topic or not. I'm so anxious that I start fiddling with my hands. I finally come back to my reality when Zane, James and Darren walk into the class. James and Darren spot me and wave. Mr Collins is really angry but tells the boys to get a seat. I scan around and the only available seats are close to me which they realise and walk towards. Darren sits by my left, Zane by my right and James, a seat after Darren.

"Hey," Darren says and that earns him a smile. "So, what's going on?"

"Mr Collins' just picking partners," I can at this moment feel someone staring at me but I don't bother to look behind me. "I don't know who my partner is and that's what make it fun." I smile.

"Hey darling, relax. Just hope your partner is me," Darren says with a smile.

"Or me," James says dusting imaginary dust of his shirt.

"I'm smart."

"And I've got a project partner who's got good looks." James laughs, followed by Darren and me.

"Seriously, have any of our names been called?" Darren asked with a serious look across his face.

"Nope," I purposely pop the 'p'. "So your luck."

Mr Collins' still calling names and in the end, Darren is paired with Michelle and James with Regina.

"I wish I were to be paired with you. You're smart and I love those glasses on you. Any person paired with you would love to see you wearing those stuff anytime. You're pretty." James said with a smile.

"Thank you." I said shyly with a smile and probably blushing. If I am, no one can see it due to my chocolate brown skin tone.

"Cassandra and...Zane" Mr Collins says and that makes I and Zane look at each other. We are both shocked.