Chapter 27

"Let me go!" I shout, wriggling out of their hold but unfortunately, no way. I was flung into a small room with no problem. I get up, turn to look at them, speechless.

All of a sudden, they both parted, leaving a huge gap in between themselves- and for no one else but Ed and his son Marcus.

"We've seen enough of your pointless drama," he said looking at the two men by his sides. "Tie her up!"

Without wasting much time, they marched towards me, holding me by my arms-again; pulling me towards the chair that was kept in the middle of the room. I was forcefully sat on the chair.

What are they going to me?

I try getting up but one of the men shoves me back on the chair while the other is down on one knee, tying my legs to the chair. When he's done, he pushes my hands behind the chair and ties them up too.

"Isn't this fun little Cassie?" Ed says, moving towards me.

This guy certainly needs to kept in an asylum because whatever is going on his head is basically unimaginable.

I try releasing myself but I can't, and this doesn't still stop him from coming closer. I turn my head from side to side and finally look at him.
"Don't come close to me!" I scream, wriggling from the ropes even though it's hurting my hands. He goes down on his knees, takes my face in between his fingers.

"Feisty, but it won't stop me Cassie. Truth is that I'll hurt you, so why don't you relax-"

"So you can do what to me- kill me."

"Precisely," he says through gritted teeth. "Marcus bring it."

Marcus comes close to him, handing him a syringe.

"What do you want to do to me?" It's obvious that my voice was strained but what the hell is in the syringe.

"It won't hurt a bit niece-"

"What is that?" My focus on the syringe in Ed's hands.

"It's something I like to call pentazocine. Overdose of this and straight to join your siblings you go. According to the deed, recipients must be sane and incapable of causing harm, to themselves and anyone around them.

"You violated that and I'm tired of playing games with you and your parents. Now let the real fun begin."

Not long after, I feel a stinging sensation by my wrist; I look only to find him injecting the substance into my veins. Stare wordlessly until the content is empty.

He gets up, about to leave when he turns back to look at me.

"Ah! That reminds me that mummy dear is a doctor. She should know what overdosing of opioid does to the body. Pain killers do a lot more."

And with that, he's out of the room alongside Marcus and two other men; leaving me in the small room, lit up by a light bulb dangling in the middle.

I shut my eyes but all I see is the demon that had been after me for three years.

Zane please, wherever you are, come get me. Please find it.

I just need to get out of here. I attempt freeing my hands from the ropes but- wow they are so tight. I'm nevertheless still struggling out the ropes but the chair still keeps screeching.

I finally stop when I hear footsteps outside the door; pausing a little before moving away.

"Can someone please get me out of here? Anyone, please."