Chapter 1

This is a little fanfic taking the beautiful Stephanie Meyer's glorious characters and my pov of what life would be like after Breaking Dawn. My sister enjoyed it so I thought I would share to others fascinated by the whole Jacob/Nessie pairing. These characters are not mine and sadly never will be.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ 

His hand grabbed mine. It was hot just like always; running about 109 degrees. It felt so good against my cold hard skin. He pulled me to him with a strong grasp. I could have easily released myself unlike everyone else, but I liked it when he pulled me close. In his arms I took a deep breath filling his oaky smell into my lungs. I loved the way Jacob smelled. All of his family down in La Push smelled similar, earthen and natural, but Jacob's smell was stronger like all of the smells of the forest came together to form him: earth, plants, streams, brush, and rain. I had asked him once how I smelt to him. I knew that my parents smelt disgusting to him so being half human and half vampire I must smell gross to him. His answer only made me fall more in love with him if that was even possible.  

"Nessie you smell like room full of roses each perfectly blooming, but with a clean after-it-rains smell. Fresh, fragrant, everything I could ever want. You parents smell too sweet. Like a floral shop exploded." 

"You smell like wet dog" I laughed at his dismayed face before I put my hand against his cheek and showed him exactly how my mind perceived him, how wonderful his scent was. He looked back into my eyes with the same look I had been seeing from his eyes since I was born. A look that told me his life was complete when I was in it, a look that promised to protect me, a look that said 'I love you' infinitely.  

I had never kissed Jacob before. Well I had, but in the way that he was my best friend, my protector, my brother, but now something changed. He was still my best friend and my protector, but I wanted him to be more. I wanted him to be the man my dad was to my mom. I knew he would not care if I did kiss him, he would do anything for me, but I wanted to make sure I would be okay after I kissed him. You can't just take back your first kiss. I looked back into his eyes and I could see he would not do anything until he was 100% sure I wanted our love to take that next adventure.  

"So Jacob, bet I can beat you to the river bank" I jumped up off the seat and ran like the wind trying to escape my worries. I was so torn. Do I kiss him and risk changing everything. Don't get me wrong I knew the day would come when I would walk down to isle to my Jacob, but was today the day I changed everything? I just didn't want to lose...well I guess my childhood. As long as I wanted to play tag, hide and seek (which is hard to play when you are especially keen of smell and sight), heck even dress up! Jacob was always there playing with me. But if I kissed him suddenly it would be things like romantic dinners and cuddling on the couch like mom and dad. Egh.  

But... 

How nice would it be for Jacob to hold me tight against him and breathe down my neck sending chills across my skin? Or to have him crush his lips on mine while he ran his fingers through my hair bringing me impossibly closer to him?!?! Wow. Suddenly I was breathless and Jacob was right behind me swinging me onto his back so suddenly a scream escaped me. 

"Ah! Jacob!" 

"What's wrong Nessie? Did I scare you?" Jacob taunted me tickling me while he ran for the river bank.  

"Jake stoooopppp" I whined knowing he would stop.  

"Okay love. If it will make you happy" And just for laughs he threw me high into the air and let me plop into the river. I came out sputtering. "Jacob Black! I will get you for this!"