Chapter Three

|Ring that Alaric got |

Alaric's POV

The morning sun shone brightly onto my face. Blinking I turn over to my side to see a sleeping Megan who was still nude from last nights activities. I stroke her face and she wakes up, smiling she quickly gets on top of me. I smirk at her,

"Good morning to you."

"And to you, Alpha." She whispered in my ear.

"I think I'm gonna be sick." groans Aaron.

'Stop it, Megan is a beautiful girl. She'll make a good Luna.'

"Are you talking to Aaron again?" Megan pouts.

I grab her hips and pull her down towards me.

"Yes, he doesn't like you that much. But don't worry about that, I love you babydoll." I smirk.

Her cheeks get red, I take that time to kiss her neck. She moans in my ear, I can hear Aaron groaning in annoyance in my mind but I block him out. I trace my canines on her shoulder where I'll mark her by next week but Megan pulls back.

"No not yet." She kisses me then gets up.

She walks towards the bathroom still completely naked. I growl at her with lust, she turns back around and says,

"Are you coming or not?"

I quickly run towards her and lift her up closing the door behind us, good thing this room is soundproof.

~*~

Later that day while I was in my office I called for my Beta, Cameron. He knocked on the door and came in, then standing in front of me.

"Yes Alpha?"

"You don't have to call me that, Cameron. You are like a brother to me." I say.

"I was only being professional."

"Understandable, anyways I wanted your advice on my decision I made earlier today."

Cameron looked at me curiously.

"What would that be?"

"I've been looking for a mate for a very long time and for all I know she's either dead or a human. I rather her be dead than a human in any case. Megan would be this packs Luna soon, and even though Aaron hates this idea I would like to propose to her at the ceremony."

My Beta slightly frowned at me before replying,

"What if she is out there? If you marry Megan, what would happen then?"

"I'll figure it out Cameron. I'm going to the city today to look for a ring. Look over the pack while I'm gone."

"I will Alpha."

I gave him a pointed look.

"I mean, Alaric."

With that I head out the pack house door to my car, heading towards the city.

~*~

I find a parking garage that's by a hospital, human hospitals they reek of death. Going towards the elevator I press a button labelled "G" for ground floor. Stepping out I walk towards the tellers booth to get my exit ticket. I see her on her phone blowing bubbles with her gum. I speak through the intercom,

"Hello."

She ignores me. I feel my temper rising quickly. I bang my fist on the window and it starts to shatter. The woman gets startled then looks towards me. She was about to press a secret security button but I stopped her,

"If you press that button it'll be the last thing you'll ever do."

"W-what do you want?" the human stuttered.

"Give me the damn ticket."

It took seconds to exchange tickets, I looked at her and glared,

"Worthless human."

Walking out the door I'm engulfed with mixed smells of the city. There's one that stands out from the rest, it's faint but it smells like black cherries.

"Mate! Mate is here? I told your stupid ass that you should wait for mate." yells Aaron.

'It could be anything, It's probably not our mate.'

Aaron keeps ranting in my head to follow the smell but I ignore him. I'm here for Megan. I find the jeweler quickly and I walk in to see hundreds of diamonds and other precious gems. An old man comes out from the back and smiles at me.

"Hello, how may I help you?"

"I'm looking for an engagement ring. Preferably a ring with a big diamond."

"Sparing no expenses are we?"

"Well let's just say she likes shiny things." I mumble.

The old man lays out an assortment of rings, but one catches my eye. The ring is silver and the diamond looks like a teardrop. The diamond is surrounded by little crystals and there's smaller diamonds going down the side of the ring. Megan would love this, I tell the man that I'll take it and he put's it in a black velvet box. I pay for it and place the ring in my pocket.

"This ring should be for mate."

I ignore Aaron as I walk down the street, back towards my car. Suddenly I feel someone bump into my back and sparks spread all throughout my body. I stiffen as I smell black cherries again. Can it be true? My heart starts to race and Aaron starts howling in my head. I turn around and see a girl on the ground. I smell again, I glare at her. Human. No my mate is not a human! The girl stares at me, those eyes are like honey. No! She's human. I glare at her with dark eyes,

"Filthy human."

She raises an eyebrow at me,

"Aren't you human too? And I can't be filthy I took a shower this morning." she mumbles.

I roll my eyes, stupid girl.

"I think she's adorable."

I start to walk away but her apples are in my way. I kick them in front of an oncoming car and they squish them. I hear a gasp behind me and I can't help but feel bad but that feeling was soon gone. I walk far enough away from the girl then I walk into an alley. I peek back towards her to see her trying to pick up any groceries that are intact. I see her looking at the food in the street as she frowns. Why is she so sad? She can just go get new groceries. The girl picks up the one remaining bag and walks down the street.

"Follow her."

For once I listen to Aaron as I follow the girl at a distance. She walks inside of a shitty apartment complex and I watch her open a door then close it with caution. She lives in this dump? I can't help but feel sad for her. Stupid mate bond. I look at the sky and see that it is about to rain. I start running towards my car.

"Will we ever see mate again?"

'I don't know. She's a human, what use is she to me.'

"She's our mate."

-----------

How's the story so far?

- KM