Past: Why are you the way you are?

A/N: Hey guys!! I'm just gonna quickly say, I'm gonna be jumping in and out of times in your life, just filling you in on small parts of your life that make you the way you are and explain a few things! By the way, most chapters won't be this long, this one is bc I got carried away lol (This one is about 4600 words while most will normally be around 3000). Anyways, I hope you enjoy it!

              (Y/n) sat under a tree, the light breeze chilling her soft skin, but the constant stream of sunlight kept her warm, it was perfect. She smiled lightly to herself, her eyes closed, enjoying the peaceful moment. She smelled the light smell of the wild-flowers that were scattered around the hill that she was rested on. She heard the light shaking of the trees as their branches lightly clashed together from the breeze.

               Her perfect moment was soon ruined by the high pitched squeal of her twin brother as he ran towards her with a grin that could only mean that he was up to something. "Hey (Y/n)! Guess what?"He asked her, his face practically glowing in the sunlight, reflecting his excitement. "What is it?" (Y/n) asked, turning to face her brother, her head tilting slightly to her left as she did so, her soft close-eyed smile resting on her little face. "Igneel's letting me cook dinner tonight!!!" He shouted, bouncing up and down from joy, his smile shining as bright as the sun.

             As he said this, (Y/n)'s expression fell slightly, but she was quick to pull herself together, replacing her faded smile with a new one. "Oh, that's, uh, great!" (Y/n) smiled, watching as Natsu's expression grew even brighter. "I know right?!?! I'm gonna make the best dinner that this world has ever seen!!!" He shouted, pumping his fist up in the air, ready to, as he said, "conquer the dinner". "YOU HEARD THAT WORLD???? YOU'RE ABOUT TO SEE THE BEST DINNER EVER MADE!!!" He shouted directly at the sky, you could have sworn that you saw a bit of fire shoot out of his throat. 

              "Come on sis, you're not gonna want to miss this!!" he said, smiling as he gently pulled you off of the ground,  dragging you along with him as he made his way back to the cave that you two called home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

              It was about two years after the dragons had left and you and Natsu had joined Fary Tail. You two had been going on missions together and were closer than ever. You had even made friends with everyone at the guild, including the more difficult and closed off members. It was a feat that few were able to claim, not even Natsu was able to say that he was close to every single person in the guild.

              It was a cloudy spring day, and the mission board was packed with jobs, and you and Natsu were looking over them, trying to decide on the perfect one to go on. You thought that you had found the perfect job, however, Natsu had also found a job that he thought was perfect.

              "(Y/n)! Come on! Your job is lame! I wanna go fight some bandits and recover a stolen treasure!""Natsu! Just think about my job? It's a freaking lizard monster!!"(Y/n) semi screamed back. This small argument stunned the entire guild, all of the members staring at the twins, unable to believe what they just witnessed.     

              "But (Y/n)! Your job sounds so lame! Come on, let's go on an adventure!!!"He shouted, clutching his request in his hand as he tried to pull his sister along with him. To his surprise, she didn't move a bit, rather, she yanked her hand out of his, angry tears flowing out of her eyes. "I ALLWAYS GO ON THE QUESTS THAT YOU WANT TO DO, WHY CAN'T WE DO ONE OF MINE FOR ONCE?!?!?" The small girl shouted, her loud voice echoing across the dead quiet guild hall. 

             Natsu's eyes were wide with shock as regret slowly started to fill him. However, it was too slow. Before Natsu could even speak a word, she was already out of the guild hall. A trail of tears was left where she ran.