Boring Flights and Exciting News

~Dani's P.O.V~

My sisters and I are currently on a flight to New Jersey for a concert that we have tomorrow night. It hasn't exactly been a pleasant flight so far, but I'd say anyone has it better than Katherine.

When we boarded the plane we had two double seats and one single. Katherine, being the hopelessly nice person she is, offered to take the lone seat in front of us. Although, by the looks of it, she was deeply regretting this decision, because a man was now sat beside her and was currently drooling on her shoulder as he snored quite loudly in her ear. I laughed at the sight before turning to the girl sat beside me and tapping on her shoulder to get her attention.

She proceeded to ignore my attempts, so I began jabbing her and repeating her name "Lisa, Lisa, Lisa...," still nothing "LISA," I practically shout. She finally takes out her earbuds with an exaggerated sigh and gives me an agitated look. I get the hint to get on with what I was saying and ask her if she has a spare pair of earbuds. Then without another word, she reaches for her carry-on bag, unzips a pocket, reaches inside, and drops a tangle of wires into my hand.

I suddenly realize I might be disturbing the people around who are sleeping with my low, fairly projected voice, so I decided to give her a thankful smile and turn back to my own space. Untangling them, and plugging the earbuds into my phone, I decide to listen to our concert playlist, just to make sure I knew my parts for the show.

Some time passes, and I finish listening through the planned order of songs, so I put away my phone. It's probably best that I get some rest on the way there because I'd imagine we've got some things to do once we arrive. So I close my eyes, quickly drifting off to the hum of the plane...

~Lauren's P.O.V~

"LAUREN," I hear my mom call from downstairs. I'm sitting on my bed, my back against the wall, with a laptop on my outstretched legs. Pausing the video on the screen, it was about halfway through Cimorelli's fifth podcast episode, as I was rewatching for the third time. I got up and ranted to myself all the way down the stairs about the fact that they won't just give us a second season already.

"Who are you talking to, honey?" my mom asks, snapping me out of my moment with myself. "Oh, just myself, you know I don't talk to actual people," I respond with a mock disgusted expression. After giving me a funny look she slightly shakes her head with a smile on her face.

My mom turns off the faucet and picks up a hand towel, drying her hands as she turns to me with an even bigger smile on her face now. She looks...excited? This caught me off guard, because this was highly unusual for her, considering the hard time we've been going through financially after dad passed.

"So, I have some news for you that I think you're really going to enjoy hearing..." I raise one eyebrow, urging her to go on. "I went online and bought two tickets to Cimorelli's New Jersey show," she says still smiling from ear to ear, as she lays the towel on the counter. A wide grin breaks out on my face as I practically jump in my mom's arms, repeating a thank you over and over, attempting to express my levels of excitement and gratitude. Then I make a realization, and stepping back from her, my expression turns serious.

"I thought we couldn't afford to make the trip though? You know I never expected you to put the money into it if you didn't have it, right? Please don't tell me yo-," I was suddenly interrupted by a shush. "Lauren, calm down, I wanted to do this for you."

"Please don't tell me you bought the meet and greet tickets...," I say in a distressed tone. She shakes her head, "No, sweetie, just the standard concert tickets," she responds, and my shoulders immediately relax. I can finally make eye contact with her again, so I lock my gaze onto her blue eyes, giving her a look that expressed how much I appreciated her efforts.