A Sad Christmas Eve

What do I do stay here for the rest of our break? I have no one to go home to. I need to take my mind off of these things. If I keep being down I'm sure he will notice. 

"Hey, you. We are going hunting and I saw you are all alone so I figured you would like to come with."

It was Malcolm. Once again he has come to save me. 

"I never been."

"Well, I'll teach you. It'll be fun I promise."

As we walked up to the group of people one face stood out. Dayan. No, he wouldn't be the reason I stay behind. We stopped and no one spoke.

"Be polite and introduce yourselves."

"She already knows me. Why you had to bring her alone anyway she is only gonna slow us down."

"No, the real question is why are you here. Just fucked up all of our vibes."

She turned around and got in the passenger seat jeep. Malcolm Just frowned at Dayan then looked over at the guy I saw yesterday. -

He held up his hands and said "fine. I'm Dallas and that was our older sister Eva. She is a bitch so I advise you to stay on her good side."

She rolled down her window and said: "I heard that you idiot."

He started laughing and walked over to the driver's seat. Dayan slowly followed him. 

"They might act like they hate each other but they are actually really close. I'll sit in the middle so you won't have to sit beside Dayan."

Once we stepped out of the jeep I remembered that hunting meant killing animals. I can only kill a few animals and deer wasn't one of them.

"Hey what exactly are we going to be hunting?"

"Oh, the usual deer's bears whatever we see reality."

The thought of hurting a deer or a bear didn't sit well with my stomach.

"What you have a problem with that?"

"No."

He looks at me with a yeah right expression written on his face.

"What are you ok with killing?"

Fishing would be best but I don't know how to do that either.

"Hey guys we are going left up to the hill," Eva said before taking a gun and a bow and arrows.

Dallas followed her but Dayan stayed behind. Why?

"I don't even think you belong here."

"You just now figured that out, Malcolm."

"What do you mean?"

"What Malcolm means is that you don't have the guts to kill anything. I found that out when I first saw you."

I looked over at Malcolm and saw he was staring at the ground. Well, I see that's exactly what he was thinking.  

"Oh."

"And you give up too easily. Come on do you have any fight in you at all?"

How do I answer that? The truth is I didn't. I mean I did once. But that was only when I was mad. I never killed anything though and I wouldn't want to kill an animal first.

"Come on Scarlet let's go do some target practice."

Malcolm grabbed his things and started walking away.

"Fine whatever I'll go do things myself," Dayan said before walking straight into the woods.

There wasn't anything for me to get. Did he have my things too?