Chapter Two

Mary - Life no.1 (1506)

Light brushes against my skin as I stare out the window of the castle. From my new room that Harry has gifted me. The walls are painted a peachy colour, nearly as if the sunset colours had splattered all over the walls and then traced with a gentle brush. The curtains, a light blue. The same as my eyes, Henry says; the reason he gifted me this room specifically. The bed is so beautiful, the queen would be so lucky to sleep upon. Cotton covers and a silk case. How could I get this lucky?. To be in this room. What a lovely gift from Henry, I do say.

He says he loves me and that one day we will marry. But I am not so sure. I was when we were younger and his elder brother, Arthur was first in line to be king. But since his death, Harry has found his way into taking the crown and becoming the king of England. His Father eagerly prompting him to marry Arthur's late wife, Catherine or so he says. As said is best for the kingdom and the country. Mind I say I would never stop the Kingdom from growing and becoming better. If Harry must chose the Kingdom over I, I will persuade him to chose what is right for all parties.

But I'm scared that he will cause a ruckus. He continues to defy his Fathers orders to marry Catherine. And has now given me this room to cherish and keep as a reminder of our love. Though If I must, I will leave for not just the country but for him. I am scared of what his father may do to him if he continues to defy him. He is known to be an unforgiving man, though I have met him many of times. It is a cover for his honour in front of a lady like myself and my Father who has been a Tudor supporter his whole life. Due to his closeness with the king himself. As they fought in the war together. And I was told the story of my Father saving King Henry VII's life in the battle.

I hear the sound of a door opening and I turn to see Harry as he storms in. He looks angry, dressed in his long dark surcoat his Father had given his for his past birthday.

"'Tis my father strikes me down, As he knows I am not willing to take a part in his show" He says staring intently into my eyes. I don't look away but answer.

"He only wants what is best for the kingdom, He strikes you down for good reason my love" My voice calming him down as his walks towards me with his right hand out. I take his hand in mine.

"My love, you know it is not true. You are what is best for this Kingdom or do I say this country 'cause you are what is best for me. Their soon to be king" Harry knows his way around words, they always nearly convince me that he is right but I know the truth. "You are why I breathe and how I do so, without you there would be nothing worth the breath" As he says this he strokes my face with the back of his hand, leaning in closer. He pecks my lips. Pulling away looking longingly into my eyes and I do the same. I know this is wrong but I can not fight the blush that forms on my face. I just nod and look down to the wooden floor.

Swiftly Henry removes his hand as my door swings open again, close to as rough as Henry had done it. Soon appears Elizabeth, her golden hair and beautiful face in a tight frown. Our Queen and Harry's Mother. Harry snaps his face towards the door and where his Mother stands.

"Mother, the discussion is over. I will not stay away from Mary. You cannot make me." Now his head turns back to my direction and his looks so innocently into my eyes "I love her". I close my eyes slowly, taking in what he just said to his Mother. My queen. Yes, he had said that to me many of times before but he had never told his parents.

"My son, what If I told you that you did not have to stay away from Mary. Just marry Catherine and you can still have your lover" My eyes snap open and I see Harry staring straight at the queen. Serious and calm. I can not be someone's second choice even Harry's. Though I love him, I will not be a disgrace.

"And you are sure Father would agree?" Harry asks his mother before asking me if I was fine with the idea.

"As long as you give us heirs to the thrown my Son" The Queens beautiful features softening and her lips curl up into a smile. It is like I am invisible as no one asks me what I think of the matter. As they continue to talk about my future.

"Tell Father that it is a deal but I am allowed Mary around whenever I want. She will be my first" Henry speaks, knowingly. But I am frustrated. I do not want to be apart of this deal. I do not want to be the kings whore. I will not be the kings whore.

"I will, good day my Son. There will be a dinner in the 'morrow with Catherine herself" The queen says as she nods her head to Harry, then again at me. Leaving as her gown travels so closely behind her. The doors shut as she reaches the outside and Henry and I are left in the room alone, once again.

"I will not" I say silently but loud enough for Harry to hear. "I will not be your...your...whore" Harry or should I say soon to be King Henry looks at me, walking closer and placing his hands on each of my cheeks as he whispers.

"Now where have you gotten that from. Did you not just hear me. You are my first. Catherine is for the kingdom" But he must have children with her for this to go to plan. I want a family and I want to be a wife. If I cannot do that here, I must leave. I nod at Henry. "I love you". Henry pushes out as he starts to kiss my neck.

WARNING [Not too bad but a little steamy scene]

I lean into the kisses and we move towards the bed. I lay down, Harry jumps on top of me. He starts to get undressed as his lips move towards mine. I start to untie my gown and place my hands on his now nude chest.

"I love you, Mary" He says out of breath. As he creases my right breast and pulls down my under garments. Exposing my chest to his viewing pleasure. But the only thing I am thinking about is how I will leave. How I will escape in the 'morrow, before he returns home after his Wednesday hunting trip.

I have to leave. And I will leave.