ch.9 Her ex and Her "gift"

*present day, Cherri's P.O.V, Date: 10/ 21/ 2087*

I woke up from my bed and started getting ready to leave. I had called Meomi to let her know to close the café for the day. Master is already going to be waiting for us. I showered and brushed my hair and teeth. I slipped on some black leggings, a black skirt, black heels, a black crop-top that showed a lot of skin, then I slipped a black leather jacket over it to complete the look. I applied some mascara, eyeliner and black lip gloss. I smiled at my reflection in the mirror. I grabbed my keys and my phone and headed out the door. I locked my house door and headed towards Meomi's Café. Master was already inside. I grabbed the keys to the Café and unlocked it. I looked around and saw Meomi and master sitting in a booth. I went and sat next to Meomi.

Meomi glanced over to me and eyed what I was wearing. "You came dressed like that"?

Why of course Meomi. This is the first time we've seen master since the war.

"Let's just cut to the chase. Cherri tells us what you Know".

Anything for you master.

"You know my name now use it"!

Of course Don. Ciara visited the landlord and something happened. The goddess is back-

"Impossible! We took care of her already"!

Shut up and let me finish Don! The goddess is back but as a spirit.

"A spirit"?

Yes. And it seems to have taken some sort of interest with Ciara. Which means it's been watching us. It knows what we did!

"Shut up! You don't know that"!

Look at the facts Don! After the war, her precious Lizzie vanishes and now she's been given god-like powers!

"The goddess was killed! You have no way of knowing if she saw! Most likely after she died she lost some of her memories as Ciara has. She won't remember us or what we've done".

She's a goddess Don. Most likely death will be different!

"We're getting off topic!  Clearly, the goddess being a spirit wasn't the reason you called us here"!

Yeah, Meomi's right. I called you here because yesterday Ciara started to act weird. She was talking to no one in particular. Called out Lizzie's name and supposedly gave the goddess permission of her body.

"So. That's not important to us".

Listen! After she gave the goddess permission a relic fused with her body.

I watched Meomi go wide-eyed and Don's eyes go red with rage. He stood up and slammed his hands on the table.

"What relic"!

The relic of creation...

"God damn those stupid goddesses! Believing themselves to be high and mighty"!

"What'll we do"!?

We won't be doing anything. Not yet. We should give her a chance to figure out what's happening.

"Are you mad"!

Yes. But if Ciara gets really mad and finds out what happened. The goddess might find her unworthy. Or she'll be so mad she'll go crazy and attack carelessly. She'll sink deeper into despair until she is willing to obey whatever her fate will be.

"Good job Cherri. This is a plan I look forward to seeing take place".

"Is it really wise to watch from the sidelines"?