Chapter 10: With Me

Chapter 10: With Me

~~~~~~~~~~~{Sky's Point of View}~~~~~~~~~~~

Through it all, I've made my mistakes.

I stumble and fall, but I mean these words.

I want you to know,

With everything I won't let this go.

These words are my heart and soul.

I'll hold on to this moment, you know,

As I bleed my heart out to show,

And I won't let go. (Lyrics: With Me - Sum 41)

I stared at the back corner table, hoping he would just magically appear. Amanda glanced at me from where she was waiting tables and gave me a knowing look. I sighed and looked away.

I hadn't seen Steve in weeks. I didn't know what I'd done wrong, where had I gone wrong? We'd had a great time, right? Well, at least I had. And he'd said he would call.

I sighed and wiped the bench down again, it must have been the seventieth time I'd wiped down that exact spot in the last ten minutes.

"Alright." Lydia sat on the bar stoop in front of me, "Who's the guy?"

I frowned and slid her usual drink, an apple martini (shaken, not stirred), over to her. "There's no guy." I denied.

Lydia rolled her eyes, "Oh please, sweetie. You've been moping for weeks, you haven't been playing like your usual self and I don't think I've heard you listen to so much My Chemical Romance since I met you." Lydia sipped at her drink and pointed a perfectly manicured finger at me, "You, my friend, are pining."

"I am not pining." I rolled my eyes before muttering, "I just miss him."

"I knew it!" Lydia exclaimed, "Who is he?"

"His names Steve," I blushed and before she had the chance to gush on further I added, "But it doesn't matter because we went out once and he hasn't called me back."

"Who said he has to call you? If you really like this guy then you should call him." Lydia chugged and down the rest of her drink. "Now, if you'll excuse me, there is a handsome Australian waiting for me on the dance floor." Lydia hopped off the bar stool with a wink.

"Don't do anything you'll regret in the morning!" I called after her with a smile on my face.

Lydia was right. If I liked Steve enough to be missing him, I should man up and call him.

* * *

I put the last of the chairs on top of a table and grabbed the broom. Everyone had left about half an hour ago and I'd been left with the responsibility of closing up -again. But I didn't mind. After I finished, I would call Steve.

I would.

I wouldn't chicken out.

I swept the whole Club and found that it had taken a shorter amount of time than usual, I hadn't been expecting that so I took out my phone and found my fingers going over the keys, unable to press them.

What was wrong with me? Just dial his number, Skylar! What's the worst that can happen?

I looked up from my phone when I heard the door open.

"Uh, we're closed." I called and the voice that responded was enough to make me dropped my phone.

"I know."

"Steve?" I blinked at him incredulously. The nerve that boy had, after not calling me for weeks and then just popping up! "Where have you been?"

"The SHIELD Hellicarrier was moved over to the Los Angles coast line instead of New York since Stark is redesigning the engines. I'm so sorry I couldn't contact you, there were communication and navigation failures left, right and centre." Steve explained stepping closer. "Are you mad?"

"Of course not!" I exclaimed before admitting, "I missed you like crazy."

"I missed you too." Steve smiled and walked over before engulfing my into a hug. I relaxed against his body and we seemed to fit together, like two pieces of a jigsaw puzzle.

We stayed there in silence, just enjoying each others company and realising that...this was how it was meant to be. I was supposed to be with SHIELD so I could be closer to Steve. It felt right -no, scratch that. It felt more than right, it felt perfect.

I giggled and pulled out of the hug.

"What?" Steve said, and he looked like he was almost about to whine and grab me back into the hug.

"I believe I owe you a dance." I smiled mischievously before grabbing the remote to the stereo and pressing play. Earlier on in the night, I'd loaded my Sum 41 CD into the stereo and the song that I had just turned on was one of my favourites. I smiled and grabbed his hands, "Perfect."

"I don't want to step on your toes." Steve said nervously,

"Don't worry." I told him, "It's a slow song."

* * *

Authors Note: LAST CHAPTER. YAY!! You know what that means? METALLIC HEARTS IS BEING POSTED VERY. VERY SOON. (possibly tonight :P )

So, what do you think?

Sky will make appearances in Metallic Hearts!

So, until Metallic Hearts, comment, vote, like!

*huggles* arielleblack