Chapter Two

The crocodile crawled near the side of the bed, crying his tears into the sheet. "L-Laval... " Cragger sobbed his crocodile tears out. "I... I am so sorry." Covering his eyes, the agony bit his soul in half. "For everything! All you ever did was try to help me... Again and again! And I'll i ever did was..." Sniffing, staring at the lion's crown. "Well, i thought i needed power, CHI, destiny.Whatever!" His voice went silent. The tears running down, getting dried. "But, all i ever really needed.." Cragger reach to where Laval's head was at. He placed the crown together. "Was my best friend.." Going silent again, Cragger was on his knees, his eyes closed. The room was complete quiet. All to be heard were the explosions and, gunfire.

   Cragger laid his head, on the side of the bed. The sobs muffled through the sheets. The energy ran out in the young crocodile. Tiredness drained him, causing him to fall in a deep slumber.

_________________________________________

   For what seem eternal, Cragger awoke with a loud BANG. His eyes fluttered open, still tired. His memory was fuzzy, his eyes had bags. The room was a blur, it was dark. Wasn't I in the Lion Temple? The sudden horror flash through his brain, the battle, tanks... death. Cragger wailed out loud. Breaking down again. A sudden flash came in the room. "Sweetie, what's wrong?" A soft old voice spoke. Cragger's heart race. That voice. It sounded like... Lifting his head up, meeting dark amber slit eyes. Queen Crunket. "Mom!" His voice cracked. Hugging his mother, he felt like a hatchling again.

  "You're back!" He cried. "Yes, my child. But, not fully." Cragger asked in a broken tone. "What? But, you're... you're here!" Crunket nodded but stepped back. "I am near, not far, nor dead. I've come to deliver a message." Cragger started with round eyes. "The legend beast." The legend beasts! They can save us! Cragger felt his mother glance. "They can't save us.." Cragger dropped to his knees, feeling hopeless again. "They can only save one thing... "

   "You're friend." Cragger jumped and grabbed his mother's arms. "Laval... how?!" He felt the tears form again. The spark of hope flicker his heart. "But... it will take days to find one," Crunket smiled. Her soft hand rested on Cragger's shoulder. "You are smart for that son." Crunket soon started to fade, smiling at her son. Cragger wailed. "Don't leave me momma!" He cried. Crunket walked away but she stopped for a minute.

    "Make us proud, miracle baby." Time stood still. The words he remembered with all his heart. The two voices of his parents, the warm feeling of being hold. I promise, I'll make you proud...

       Cragger awoke with a jolt. A dream? Vision? Cragger looked up to see Laval's body still under the blanket. It felt as a fang dug into his stomach. He placed his hand on Laval's head. "I promise I'll fix this." Cragger stood up, he notice Laval's sword was on the floor. He picked it up, and bolted out of the room. The hope he long for to feel was in his blood. "I can save him!" He chanted. "I can-" Cragger soon ran into Eris, her Snow White wings met his snout. Eris turn around. "Cragger?"