Part II: A Tale of Sisters

It has been five hundred long years since I had left the village that I once called my home. Kahlan, even if I hate to admit it, had been right. Immortality alone was a curse, especially if you're a Mord-Sith and you don't know what to do with your life. Before the sisters had passed on they had enchanted a necklace that would glow should they be reborn, I had been waiting for quite some time. 

So I wandered, from country to country and from city to city. Sometimes I hunted down witches, well travelers actually, but they were witches none the less. Other times I hunted down The Sisters of the Agiel, as the oldest sister I had to teach those little brats that were created by my power a lesson. I still had not found the casting stone, which was my objective at the moment. 

In 532, I joined the Nika Riots in Constantinople which caused nearly half the city to be destroyed and caused tens of thousands of victims. The people believe that it was caused by a conflict over chariot racing. Wrong actually, a large group of travelers had decided to meet up for a little bit. Not enough for their curse to cause some natural disaster, but enough to cause a man-made disaster. I got to kill a few of them myself during the Riots, now that was quite the party. 

I spent most of the 7th century exploring the  Arabic Peninsula, I wasn't a fan of the heat or the sand but I was a great experience. I searched for witches, the non-traveler kind, wondering if they could help me find the casting stone. The sāḥira, the name the witches went by, weren't the most friendly bunch but they did tell me that the casting stone would not be able to free me from immortality. At the very least it would only stop the travelers from creating more Mord-Sith, which was not the answer I was looking for. Other than that, I did meet Muhammad and ended up joining the Hegira to reach Yathrib in 622. For a prophet, the man was very blunt which made quite an interesting character. 

Then I decided I needed a change of scenery and decided to try my luck in the east. I ended up traveling through the south china sea with a pirate crew for a few years. I ended up with the nickname of 'Kùxíng nǚwū', which means torture witch. The Chinese really have a way with words, not only do I torture witches I also am a 'witch' who tortures. Then I kind of got bored with all their strange superstitions and decided to leave the crew and enjoy rural Japan. 

8th century Japan was all about Buddhism and praying, which I enjoyed. It was a relaxed time where all I did was learn the language and lazy around traveling from city to city. I stayed quite a bit of time in Hayakawa, mostly because I stayed in the Nishiyama Onsen Keiunkan, where I could enjoy the local Hakuho hot springs. 

In 735 when the Japanese population got afflicted with the smallpox epidemic I decided to high tail out of there and return to Europe. I got on a boat to the Chinese Empire and then decided to do the Silk Road route to get back home. 

By the time I arrived in Britain in 793, the goddam Viking attacks had begun. They destroyed everything they touched, killed women and children and stole away what they wanted. For a while, instead of hunting down travelers and mord-sith I hunted down Viking savages, mostly because making large males full of muscle cry was entertaining. 

Then I got bored and went back to searching for my enemies. By 962, I did find a small group of mord-sith helping Vikings pilfer northwestern countries. The gist of it was that the warriors took what they wanted and the Sisters of the Agiel took any female children with the gift. I finally tracked them down to a small village in the Kingdom of Norway in the year 965. 

--

By the time I got there most of the village had already been killed off, and most Viking warrior had already left the battleground. The few Vikings that remained were destroying the houses or forcing themselves on the few women still alive.