Chapter 1: 4 More Years Later. What Else Changed?

Everyone, I give you the third season to Things That Are Lost. I will update this once a week, and hopefully keep it consistent. Probably not. Don't hate me if I don't. Either way, enjoy.
—————————————————————

The day is sunny and calm as a lone walker crawls down a road, it's lower half in pieces. The walker is nearly run over as a car drives right past it. Driving the car is a 17 year old Clementine, wearing the same hat, minus the symbol starting to peel off a little, an eyepatch to cover her left eye, which she lost when she was 11, and a new outfit complete with a hoodie. "You think the eyepatch goes with this hoodie?" Clem asks her best friend in the passenger's seat, Sarah. Sarah is wearing a larger version of her old jacket, a red shirt underneath, and a new set of jeans they found. "Well, it does have that badass look on the back." "True...Ah dammit!" "What?" "I forgot about your birthday! Fuck!" "Hey! Relax. It's fine...I forgot too." "You're...what, 21 now?" "Yep. I can legally drink now." "Heh, now you gotta wait for me." "Of course I'll wait." "Your dad would be so proud." Clem goes silent, realizing she just brought up Carlos. "About what?" Sarah asks. "About you living this long to be that age." Clem says. "I guess he would."

They both hear the sound of a revolver chamber spinning. Clem adjusts the rear view mirror to see a six year old AJ opening the chamber on his revolver, spinning it, and flicking it back in. "Whatcha doing there, goofball?" Clem asks. "Pretending we got bullets. Well, pretending I got bullets." AJ says, referring to Sarah's shotgun in the trunk of the car. "Those are shells, AJ." Sarah says. "Well, don't. It's getting on my nerves." Clem says, which gets AJ to stop. "I don't like goofball." He says as he sits up. "Aww. I've always called you goofball." "It's time for you to stop. It's Alvin Junior." "AJ still work?" "AJ still works." "Why don't I call you shithead?" Sarah asks. "What? No. You're a shithead." "Says the shithead." Sarah jokes. "Alright you two, enough." Clem says. "Hey, who's the adult here?" Sarah asks. "Technically both of us." Clem says. "What about me?" AJ asks. "You're the kid. We have to raise you." "Oh man, and now I'm hungry." "I got this." Sarah says as she grabs a book from in between the seat and the door. "Here, try working on your reading." She hands him the book. "But I don't wanna." AJ says as he takes the book. "It'll take your mind off your stomach." Clem says. AJ tries reading, but anything he can read are instructions on how to cook certain foods. "On second thought, nevermind." Clem says as Sarah takes the book back. "Where'd you get that book?" She asks Sarah. "You said "Find a book." Not "Find a book, but avoid cookbooks."" "Sarah..." "Yeah, yeah." Sarah opens up the glovebox and pulls out a bag of chips, handing it to AJ. "Here. About all we got left." "What about you two?" "Go for it." "We'll find something else soon." "I believe you." Clem and Sarah look at each other as they continue driving.

They keep on driving, until they stop in front of a building surrounded by crashed train cars and storage containers, except for an opening that leads to the building. Clem stops the car in front of the opening. "We gonna do it?" AJ asks. "Think so." Clem says. "Looks clear." Sarah says. "We're doing it." Clem says as she hands AJ a knife. The three get out, AJ stands by the opening, watching for walkers, while Clem and Sarah open the trunk. Clem grabs her old crowbar from the trunk, along with a water canteen. "We'll need water, too." She says as she puts it in her bag. "Yep." Sarah grabs her shotgun. "You good on ammo?" "Yeah. I'm good for an army of walkers." "Alright. Let's find some food." Clem says as they look towards the building. "Hold on." Sarah says as she walks to a sign with a bell attached. "What?" "If friendly, ring bell." Sarah reads off of the sign. "What does that mean?" AJ asks. "It means the people here shoot fir-" Clem is cut off when Sarah rings the bell. "Really?" "What? I'm just making sure."

They spot a walker get up from the ground next to the building. "Well, at least we know what to expect now." They walk over to the house and Clem approaches the walker, pulling out a knife. "AJ, behind me." Sarah says, and AJ hides behind her. Clem walks up to the walker and jabs the knife in its jaw, dragging it up and says splitting the walker's head in two. "It's down. You two still with me?" "We're good." Sarah says. "No bites." AJ states. "Next we get in there."