Chapter 2

F/n = father's name

"You will not disobey me Y/n, I am your father!" Your father's commanding voice boomed. If it wasn't for the fact that your whole life was in discussion at the moment, you may have shrunk back in fear, but that obviously wasn't the case at the moment.

"How many times do I have to tell you that I won't do it?" You asked once more, your voice raspy from how high you've had to raise it, "I'm not going to marry...Whoever this is! I'm becoming chief of this village already, how much more do you want from me?"

Your father growled at this. He was beyond angry with you. This was the most mad you've ever seen him, or at least with you. Whatever he was thinking at the moment, it would be close to impossible to make you change your mind now. Marriage was something many people looked forward to! It was the time you and your trusted, caring partner finally mended the bond, making it permanent. It was a bond that was created over time! It wasn't supposed to be something that was forced!

"Go to your room young lady." F/n growled.

You reluctantly began walking from where you were at and up the stairs, into your bedroom. You didn't know what to feel at the moment, scared, angry, proud. Down there had been the first time you've ever stood up to your father so confidently, you was proud of that. The only problem was that you'll be forced into this "marriage" with another chief's son in not time soon and you hated that with a passion.

How would you get out of this? Was there anything you could do at all? This was your life here! You couldn't just let your father take control of it! Not now, and sure as hell not forever.

'I just want to run away from this life.' You thought sadly, your gaze now out your bedside window.

It was nighttime now, so you could barely see anything. What caught your eye was the lake. If you looked hard enough, you could see a part of the lake through the trees, some of the moonlight reflecting off of its waters. It was a beautiful sight, it reminded you of how simplistic and relaxing nature actually was. You were so entranced by the sight that you couldn't help but jump when another figure popped up on front of your window, shining brown eyes looking into your own.

You took a few deep breaths, calming down your heart rate before walking up to the window and opening it, allowing your visitor inside.

"What the hell are you doing here so late at night?" You asked looking at the girl as if she were insane.

The girl in front of you just giggled softly as she entered through your now open window, amusement shining in her eyes. "Good evening to you too Y/n." She said.

"So, uh...What're you doing here Ururaka? Do you need something?" You asked, walking away from the window and towards your door. When reaching your destination you got the doorknob and locked it to make sure your parents wouldn't be able to get in.

Ururaka was a good friend of yours, along with Dezmond. She was a nice girl and was always just so bubbly! It was nice since you weren't that much of a social butterfly. She met you when you were both just five years old. Her parents weren't the wealthiest people around so to pass the time Ururaka played outside with the other kids. It was because of that, that she caught both you and Dezmond playing near the lake. She made her presence known to you two and soon enough all three of you played games there all the time whenever it was possible.

"Oh I don't need anything silly! I just wanted to talk!" She smiled, "So, is there anything new? A cute guy you have eyes for?"

You nodded your head glumly, "Yeah, I have news alright," you said, "But it definitely isn't good news."