Chapter 4

It felt like it had been too long since Sinbad last saw you.

He was too excited for words when he captured the dungeon, and now here he was, in the middle of the city he left so long ago to make you happy.

"Sinbad!" One of the woman runs up to him.

"Heya," He smiles widely, "how's it-"

"How dare you leave your mother and Y/N for 2 months!"

Surprise surprise, when Sinbad walked into the home he left so long ago, he was face to face with his dying mother, her breathing heavy and shallow.

You were nowhere to be found.

"Ah... Badr dear... if I can see you that must mean I'm dying..." Ezra smiles. "Our son, Sinbad, he's growing up to be a fine young man."

Sinbad did his best to hold back tears.

"He's found a nice woman... and he says that they'll make a future together... the two of them..."

She wasn't wrong, ever since you and Sinbad first met, he wanted to help you, to be by your side forever.

I met a girl near the well today!

How nice! What's her name?

Y/N! She's not very strong but I like her a lot!

Oh?

I really want to help her... but I don't know what's bothering her...

Maybe you can get closer to her and then help her?

Yeah! I'll get close to her, then I'll help her! And then maybe we can make a future together...

What was that last part, Sin?

N-Nothing!

Sinbad lets a tear fall as the memories of his mother and him coming rolling back to him. She was the only person he could talk to about you, the only person he had growing up other than his father who was taken away so long ago.

And he was watching her leave.

Suddenly, waterfalls of tears stream down as Sinbad cries up a storm.

——————————————————-

It had been days after Sinbad returned and he had gathered as much info as he could about his whereabouts.

He had learned that Parthevia was cowardly enough to trade you off on a slave trade in order to stifle a battle, yet the war continued on. Who was the one who recommended you for the slave trade in the first place?

It was none other than your Mother herself.

Sinbad storms into your Mother's new home, which was quite bigger, cleaner, and better form the one you and her originally lived in.

"You aren't dead." Your Mother takes another swig of her alcohol from her seat and eyes Sinbad. "But you are more muscular~ looking for a wife after getting back from war?"

"Who did you sell Y/N to?" Anger burned in Sinbad's words.

"Someone from Balbadd," She yawns, "he paid a pretty penny for her and several others, Y'know. He came on a ship and demanded that the king of Parthevia said that he could take any woman he wanted as a slave. I just so happened to realize Y/N was at the beach raising money for Esra, doing her job and all, so I showed her to him and he paid me for her!"

Sinbad couldn't believe it. You were gone because your Mother was as selfish as she was mean. You deserved so much more than a selfish woman like her, you deserved a knight, no, a king.

Mother flinches as Sinbad knocks over the wine on the table, cracking the glass table and glass cups. He leaves the building, making sure she heard his proclamation.

"You are the one person who will never be allowed to live in my new world."

———————————————

Sinbad set off on a new type of adventure, an adventure he thought he'd never take. He looks up to the sky, wondering where his adventure would take him. He'd make one stop and then go to find you, in the Reim Empire. He could almost see it, a land across the horizon, with people waiting for him to come. A city, no, a country that was waiting for him to change the world. In the middle was you, adorned in white and smiling happily.

"Hurry up Sin, the world's waiting."

You were the inspiration for the beginnings of a future king. Indeed, you would be the queen of a new world with Sinbad by your side!