love takes time || scott mccall

"TODAY'S THE DAY,"

"TODAY'S THE DAY,"

Rose looks at you with clear excitement in her eyes. You've waited all your life for this, you've stared down at your watch for as long as you can remember, just waiting for it to glow to indicate the day it happens.

And the day has finally come.

"I can't believe I'm finally going to meet my soul mate today. I've only ever heard the romantic stories about how they meet. On a river boat trip in Paris, accidentally falling into each other's arms, kissing for a drama play... I can only hope that mine is going to be as romantic as yours was, Rose."

Rose met her soul mate, her now boyfriend of five years, during a tour at her favorite art museum. They both admired this one painting, and as they both went to reach it, their hands touched as both their alarms on their watches went off. They spent the rest of the day together, shouting their passion for art, enjoying each other's company. You couldn't, and still can't, separate the dorks. You have always hoped for a love like theirs.

"I bet it will y/n. What time will you meet them?" Rose asks out of curiosity, leaning over from her chair to glance down at your watch. The watch stands at four o'clock exactly, the very last hour of school.

"That's such a long time Rose. Maybe it's wrong? Maybe it means that I will meet them by four?" You ask desperately, and frown at the laughing response from Rose.

"Love takes time, y/n, there isn't any need to rush."

After six hours of school, it is nearly the  end of the school day. There was only three minutes left, and you can't contain your excitement as you put all our books of the day into your locker. Two minutes left and you make your way down to the play ground. One minute left and-

"Hey!"

With force, you're shoved against the lockers, your head bashing against the blue steel. You look up to see a boy with brown, dark hair staring down angrily at you.

No... this can't be him!

"You listen to me, if you ever," he says, bashing you against the locker even harder, "if you ever bad mouth my girlfriend like that again-"

But you have already zoned out as there are only five seconds remaining. You're going to be stuck with this guy as a soul mate for the rest of her life. This is it.

But suddenly, the bully is thrown back, and he lands in the floor with a grunt. You turn to see your savior, and his eyes lock with yours.

The alarm on your watch goes off, indicating the sixteenth hour of the day. The boy looks down at you at smiles softly.

"Hey soul mate, I'm Scott."