10. Second time? (Roman)

Considering the fact that he had no formal training before Deceit, Ash was actually holding himself quite well. He must have been practicing. However, don't think I haven't noticed, every move he made is perfectly positioned to keeping me out of danger. He's protecting me instead of himself. He saw how good I was right. He doesn't need to help me.

I crouched just as someone decided to swing at my head. If my face gets so much as a bruise, I will go apeshit. Regardless of the fact that I am not one here. A PRINCE HAS GOT TO SLAY! First impressions are everything and looks are a big part of that.

I glanced over at Ash and I swear my heart just about stopped beating. He was like this sexy Disney prince. I swear to god he had to have been modeled from Prince Charming or something. It wasn't long before I realized I was staring, again. I've been doing that a lot lately. That and the fact that him being so distant and not asking me for help bothers me more than it should. I've gone and done it again, haven't I? Why is it that I go for those that are out of my league? You wouldn't think it but Virgil was so far out of my league he was Allstar and I was t-ball little league. 

It's just Ash is charming, and kind, and caring, and cautious, and loyal, and sweet,and this a run-on sentance because my mind is to frazzeled to figure out a way to end it. Well, It can't be worse than the first time right?

"Now's as good a time than any, Hakuna Matata!" I yell out without even really thinking. My body's on auto piolet attacking and parrying without much thought. Which is good because I am pretty sure my brain left the station.

"What are you talking about?" Ash called back as he dodged an attack. Well, there is no going back now. What's the worst that can happen?

"Ash, I know that you're... well you're a damn prince. and to you, I am... not."

"Alex, I don't think now is the right..." We switch possisions just as two people try to attack blocking eachother from getting hurt.

"No, I have to say this." I just couldn't let it go though. For some reason I... I don't know, I have this bad feeling. "You know what, I'm just going to come out and say it."

"Seriously, Alex now is not the right time. "

"Ash,  I think I may have unintentionally fallen for you... " It came out in a gush of embarrassment. I don't know why I phased it like that. Or said iT like that. It's like Virgil all over again. I just can't be cool, can I?

"You are such an idiot.  You know that, right?"

"What?" I froze. That wasn't exactly what I was expecting to here. How dare you I am royalty... maybe but not that. The sounds of swords clashing and people yelling filled my ears as the feeling of dread and embarassment began to take hold.

"This is the second time you've confessed to..." Ash started as he blocked another attack, snapping me out of my haze.

"How the hell do you know that?" I pretty much snapped at him. I didn't mean to. It was more in surprise than anything but I guess... It's also the same reason I snapped at Virgil. What kind of romantic doesn't understand rejection. It's just as much a part of it than the actual romance.

"Roman, I..." I spun around just in time to see Ash fall to his knees. His eyes wide in shock as the enemy soldier pulled his sword out of Ash's back. He called me Roman. He knows, but how? Jesus, Roman get your head in the fucking game here. I watched as Ash fell and the shock on his face... the blood in the dirt.

"Ash!" I lost it. I honestly lost it. I mean that literally... I blacked out. One moment, I'm watching Ash fall in slow motion. The next, I'm holding him with bodies all around us. "Hey, You can't die on me here. I just confessed to you. You never responded."

"Ro...m-man..." I saw the pain in his face and my chest seized up. He wasn't going to make it. "You... are a t-total... idiot."

"Your seriously calling me names right now, Jerky McJerkface!"Ash just smiled and grabbed a hold of my hand. I could feel the tears begin to fall.

"Nice... t-to see you again... S-sir Sing-a-lot." His body tensed up and I froze. This is getting to be to much. He can't be... He can't... "Hey Romano... smile."

"Smile? You want me to smile? Virgil your dying..." It just slipped. I didn't mean to call him that. "I mean..."

"Shh... Roman... you are a m-moron... You still don't see it? How much more obvious can I be?" He shakily lifted his hand up to wipe away a tear, but it didn't make it. He lost his strength half way through. I know what he ment by that. There's only one person as infuriating as he is. Maybe that's why I fell for his so fast. I was falling for the same person. The realization was like a slap in the face... "I'm sorry."

 "Stop, don't appoligize. Appoligize and you admit defeat. Admit defeat, and defeat will surely admit you into permanent custody." 

"T-There... you go... again w-with... the Disney... qoutes." I could feel how labored his breathing was. I was sitting here watching him die. Now I understand why the voice called it a curse. we're stuck, watching eachother die over and over and over again. Unless it's broken. But I doubt true love is what breaks it otherwise, it would be broken already... right?

"Virgil, I..." I watched as his eyes began to gloss over, and my breath caught in my chest. "Virgil... I love you." He very weakly smiled in response and I broke down in tears. 

"Ro...m-man..." It took all his strength just to grip my hand with even a little hold. "I... I-I lo..." I watched as the life left him. He was just gone. I sat there frozen holding on to him like I had no other choice. To be perfectly honest, I don't think I could have moved even if I wanted to. Of course it wasn't long before my story ended as well. I was in the middle of a battle field. It was a matter of time before someone found me. This particular person just so happened to have a bow and arrow...

The last thing I remember before everything went black. Was the ominous laughter in the back of my head...

N̨̦͇̙̗̻̭͔̋̑̌e̮͚̘ͩͤ̂x̵̭̙̱͕͔́̈̀̈́͋ͤ̚͡ẗ̵͖̟͔͍͙͓́̿̽͆̅̍̔ͮ͐ ̡̍ͣ̈̄̿ͤͣ͏̳̗̰̭̰̳͙̥ͅt̥̙̳ͥ͊ͯ̉̓͋̍͜iͧ҉̦̬̗̱ḿ̜̘̝̼̹̯̯̼͎͌ͯ̏̌̄͢é̪̯̯̲̖͟,̶̘̳̯̿͋̉̈́ ̧̹̣̻̤̳̎̈́͢ḧ̢̞͈̘̱̘͚̦̯́̄̊̔͘͢e̮͉̜̳͓̍ͪ̑͆̄͛̇ͅ ̸̘̻̜̰̹̤̟̒͂ͭ̐̅̓̊̄̄͠͞ẇ͜҉͍o̟͚̼͙͙̮ͬͤ͞n̡̹͔̤̩̲ͦ̔̎̆'̛̩̻̞̝̍͛́ͧ̆ͤ̈̏́͞ͅt͙̩̭̘̳̖̫̅͞ ̵̴̡̲̪̠͓̟̣͌̇ͬ̔̈́b̖̤͔͚̹͕̭ͮ̉͒̒͐ͅe̷̲͉̻͖̙̤̐ͫ͌̍ͮͫ̋͢ͅ ͉̳ͧ̿ͩ̄s̷̶̞̤̯͔̺̒̈́ͪ̊̀ͅơ̘͋̏͗ ̴̯̤̗ͪ͗ͤ̓̓ͥ͆͛̋̀e͚̭̮̟̣ͭ̌ͭ̏ͦ͜͞a͕̹̰͖ͯͬͯ̉͟͡ͅs̢̭̻̟̯̥͆̋̂ͤ͐̐͒̌̀̚ỹ͈͓͖̜̞̙̞ͤͯ̄͗͋͊͟͟ͅ ̶̭̪̤̏͋ͤ͝t̴͎̹̞̊̄̏͑ͅo̶̪̗̩͖̬̰̞̗̠ͦ͌͋̉̃̌̕ ͔͕̘̭̙̭̈́̀͐̿̌͂͘f̵̤̥̪̬̬͔͇̺̦̑͌̄͠į̨̪͕̠̟̩̦͒͆̇̉͊ň̸̮̞̮̳̭d̬̤̥͓̭͔͕̣̅́ͦͫ̓̎̚.͕̳̙̯̗̙̭̭̋͂̐̉ͫͧ̓́͢
̦̻̔ͦ̉̑͂̇̾
̯͉̣̙ͣ̇ͭ̎́͐ͯ̅͝͠S̴̞̠̝̬̰͑̑͒͋͢ỏ̡̳͕ͫ͐͆ͨͬ̀͋ ̶̠̞ͭͤ̉̒ͤ̕b̛̘̲̰̓ͪ͊̔̍̑ủ̧ͤ͒̽̄̀̈҉̰c̒̍͋͏̢͕͚̖̪k̏͑̕҉̜̖͓͔̙̰̞͍l̙̮̮͈̲̭͇ͦ̌̍ͩ͜e̡̡̝̦͓̘̖̭̖̗̐̅̂͢ ̨ͬͪ̀͏̤͉̟̜u̮̲͍͔͆ͮ̄̿̋̓ͥͦ͘͞p̷̪̹͍̮̀͆̈́̌̒,̢̲͍̖̫͔͖ͯͧ̾̓̈̇̎̚͟ ̧̣͈̅ͨ̊͐ͦC̛̠̪̪̞̟͔ͩ̉̉ͪ͆̒̽̕ư͔̩̤͖̦̝̜̑ͬͦ́p̸̸̫̺͔͔̭͔̹͔͛̈́͝c̩ͩ̐̿̆ạ̰͆ͤͥ̃̓̎͑̚͢k̴̢̩̰͎̯ͣ̑̓ͪ̋ͥ͑ę̭̤͉͛́ͧͭ͊̑͊͑.͎̲̲͔͚͖͚̻̐͊ͫ̓ͪ͂.̶̨̧̗̣͐̆ͫ̉͂.̗͍͓̌ͫͤ̏͒̂̌̑̽́
̨̟̰̫̙̟̞̪̞͊̃͛̌̿ͭ
̧̛̺̺̖̯̱̟̱̈́ͥͯͦͮ̍ͩͥA͖̼̫̺̱͓̤̿̏ͯ̋̈̕͠N̵̼͙͈̖̜̐͗̒̍̋̂̇͞ͅD̢̖͙͈͐͒̃̿́͢ ̤̟̘̫̻̜̲͔͋̎ͦ̓̉Ę̻̲͎͍̮̲͌̏͟N̢͍̖͚͕̣̻̭̖ͩͯ͝͡J̢̻̤̳̣̹̝̭̐͊̏̐͠Ö̷̻̙̰͖̼͕̟̺́ͬͣŸ̜̠̠̮̘̓̔̑̀͂ͫ͝ͅ ̮̼͉̺̈́ͨ͒ͮ̿́ͭ͊̀T̶̨͚̺͚͎ͥḦ̝̪̮͉̟̙͎̹́̍͂ͬ͢E̮̠̪͚͓̩͍̩̓̐̒͑̓̈̀͆ ̼̜̩̬͂ͥ̏̅̌͆̚R̴̻̺̖͔̫̮̍̾̈́̓̏̒ͭ̃̈͠Í͉̘̺̄̐̋̔́͌̕͞D̢̙̮͇͔̽̌Ě̶̟̗͇͒ͪ͛͜!̠̣͇̱̳͖̾