18. Hanahaki 2.0 (Roman)

"What?" He glanced at me with fog covered glasses. He knew what these meant. "Patton?"

"How long have you been sick? How long do you have?" He pulled away glancing at the single rose that had appeared on my other arm. It was going very fast now.

"Patton... I... I don't know how to answer that?"

"Ok, when did you first get here?" My eyes went wide he just smiled at me sadly. "I know when something going on with my son."

"I'm not your..." Patton's eyes darkened and it hit me. "I am, aren't I?"

"When did you get here?"

"Several days before you met Virgil." Patton nodded sitting down beside me on the bench. He looked at me with this caring expression, but I could only stare at my hands.

"Is it him?"

"What? Virgil?" Patton nodded picking my jacket up off the ground and placing it between us. "What do you mean?"

"The reason you're sick?"

"Why on earth would you say that?" Patton sighed glancing at his own arm for a second. It was like my this weight hit me hard. "No..." I watched as he took off his cardigan for the first time since I met him, and tied it around his shoulders. He looked like our Patton. Save for one major detail. The flowers on his arm. There was a lot less than mine, but they also weren't tattoos.

"It only effects those of one-sided love, Roman." I glanced back at the building seeing Virgil and Logan talking to someone and froze. "I accepted the truth when the first one appeared. I'm assuming you haven't."

"I have, and I know it will be soon. But until then I am going to spend as much time as I can with him. I can't leave him alone just yet." I watched the smile form on Virgil's face as Logan said something. I couldn't hear it but I figure it must have been ridiculous. "He's been through so much. I just have to know he'll be ok." I glanced back over at Patton's arm and felt the tears start to well up. If anything happened to Pat, Virgil would lose it. I would lose it. THE FANDERS WOULD LOSE IT!

Roma͘n? ̴I̛ kn̷o͘w͏ ́wha͜t́ ̸y̶ǫur ͜t̵hi̶ńk̕in̶g.͏

Is it possible? I mean, is it against the rules.

I͟ ̕g̶av̵e y͜o͘u̧ ońe f́re͘e ͜mi̡r͘a͢c͞le. ҉Ar̕e҉ ͏yo̢u ͝su̕r҉e you͜ w͠aņt͝ to͏ u̕se̶ it on̸ ͢h͜im̀? Yoú coul̵d..͠.̷

Yes. I do.

U̷nder͝sto͢ód̀.

I glanced over at Patton as he gripped his arm in pain. Fear set in his eyes as it only got worse. But as the petals slowly began to fall his eyes went wide.

"Where did the flowers come from?" Logan asked startling us both from our thoughts. "Patton, you took your cardigan off."

"Uh yeah, it was hot." Patton just stared in disbelief. All the flowers had fallen. He looked over at me and I smiled. He's cured, right?

C͠o̕r͢r̸e͘c͜t. ̷But͢ R̢o͠man͡ ͝no̸w̛ you d̸on't͜ ҉h͢àve̷ ̡anỳ ĺef͏t̶. Th͞e la͝st͠ ͜m̴ir͝acl͟e̵ y͟o̧u̕ ͢u̢s͢ed ͞cost͠ y͏ou ̨s͢o ͟muc̢h t̕im̶e҉ ̵as it̵ i̸s. ͏T͠ǫ ùse ̷yo͘ur ͠f͠ŗee̷ ́o͝ne̢ ̨ơn h͘im͞...̡͏

"Woah, Roman when did you get the rose tattoos?!" My eyes went wide as I glanced over at Virgil. "You didn't have them last night."

"Sure, I did. You just couldn't see them with all that hair."

"I don't mean to interrupt but we have a sight problem." I looked over to see Deceit looking back at us. I had completely forgotten he was even here. Wait, did he hear our conversation? I watched as he started pointing over to this cave in the distance. Dust clouds coming closer like a stamped was heading right for us. Virgil took a step forward smelling the air, only for his eyes to go wide. He growled and I got tense. I've heard him his but never growl not like that anyway.

"Wolves."