4. "I Can Practically Hear Your Sweet, Sweet Heartbeat."

Heyyyyy babes and lovelies (separated for the people who want to be wild and reckless and beautiful and for the people who want to be proper and reserved and gorgeous - which one are you?) Here's another, boring-at-the-beginning and intense-towards-the-middle-and-end chapters :) I figured that this might be a really good, not too filler ... but we'll see how I criticize it at the end of the chapter. Eh...

Also realised how horny this book will be. Be prepared my children.

Love all of you! Please read my routine end-of-chapter-author's-note for some comment fun! Yay!

Shout out to cuteypie101 and Alexandra-2807 for getting the song Stormy by Hedley!

NOT EDITED

Looking back

At sunsets on the east side,

We lost track

Of the time.

Dreams aren't what they

Used to be.

Some things sat by so carelessly.

(The Killers - Smile Like You Mean It)

I've lost the concept of time completely. I trace the ridges of Drew's shoulder as he breathes quietly, chest rising and falling as I sweep hair out of my face with one hand, the other continuing its path over his collar bone, and tracing the scar that ripples just under it.

"Mm. Hey Camera Girl." He sighs in his growling morning voice. I want to literally bathe in holy water because why do I find it so sexy. I swallow as his eyes open. "Oh. Wow. Nice," he comments, looking at my lack of clothing.

I roll my eyes as his hand presses against my side. "Yeah. I took care of my hangover pretty damn well, so I'm proud of myself."

Drew grimaces. "Ugh. Sorry. Should've been awake."

I close my eyes and let him run the tips of his fingers over my thigh. "S'fine, you had a late night."

"Yeah, because a certain supposedly innocent photographer was surprisingly really horn-"

I open my eyes and clap a hand over his mouth, making the ending of that sentence die off as he gives me a glare. "Ah yes. I had almost forgotten what a pleasure silence was."

He smirked as soon as I took my hand back. "Pleasure, Dylan-"

I roll my eyes and pull a pillow over my head. He laughs, loudly and gracefully, before pulling me forward. He almost immediately pushes me back, and I look up, slightly confused, into his uncomfortable and embarrassed eyes.

"What?" I ask. "Usually you're all for invasive cuddling that would usually end in violent threats. What's up, Steele?"

Drew swallows. "Uh, yeah. Put two and two together. I wake up next to a fucking naked you, and if that isn't enough you act all blushy and innocent which is like a huge turn-on for me for some reason, and ... yeah." He motions downwards ... under the duvet.

I blink and finally registered what he was thinking, making heat bloom across my cheeks. I blink a couple of more times. What? Okay, um, okay. 

"Okay, um, okay."