5. "I Didn't Break a Lamp, By the Way."

Thanks so much to choco-latte for the cover! I loved it so much, it's now my book cover :)

Also, when you get to a certain scene ... is it weird I saw the boy as Vic Fuentes without a nose piercing and an eyebrow one instead? Nah? Nah.

NOT EDITED

Take off your shirt, your shoes,

Those skinny jeans that I bought you,

We're diving in, there's nothing left to lose.

I'm gonna break down these walls,

I built around myself.

(All Time Low - Walls)

Text recieved 

My phone vibrates against my thigh, making me flinch. I bump my way to a secluded part of the room, in a small corner that I'm sure no one has had sex on yet.

Wait...

Shaking off the awkward feeling, I fish my phone from my tight black jeans (we'll get into that later) and take a glance at the screen. A smirk tilts the right corner of my lip up.

Sender: Jerk

Hey. Are you drunk yet?

Smiling slightly at the name I changed it to after a petty fight - which was honestly about how much pizza one could consume before passing out completely - I type out a reply quickly.

Psh. No. Not planning to be, either.

It takes less than twenty seconds for a reply.

But drunk Dylan is fun Dylan. I had to stop you from proposing to me the other night, you went on and on and on about how unnaturally gorgeous I was for a guy. And you literally got down on one knee, tripped, and landed face-forward into my crotch. But hey, thought that counts, right? Thanks for that, by the way.

Before I can say something snarky and sarcastic, he replies again.

Oh, and thanks for the sex, too. 

Rolling my eyes, I stuff my phone in my pocket and glance around. Great. I seem to have an amazing taste in partying friends. Lia has abandoned me, and is now chatting up the, and I quote, "hot as the surface of the rising fucking sun" sophomore.

Honestly, I'm still a bit on edge after what happened this afternoon. I mean, sure, I may be overthinking it, but I don't think that V would come here tonight. It's way too soon ... right? Yeah. Right.

But right now, I'm at my first college party, and I'm not even enjoying it.

Great, I'm the one friend in the corner that does nothing but texts her boyfriend ... great.

How boring, right?

"Hey."

There's a loud sigh coming from next to me; someone else leans against the wall that I'm currently chilling against. I turn slightly, seeing sandy blond hair and dark green eyes. God, he's tall. And tan. What the hell, who's that tan in England? 

"Hi," I smile sadly. He seems as exasperated as I am.

"Sucks, huh?" He sighs. "I'm getting out of this hellhole in two years. Oh wait. How rude of me," he smacks his head with his palm, giving me a half-hearted, goofy smile. "I'm Dylan Richards. Sophomore in here and a Literature major."