Chapter 4 Part I -- The Evil Maid

Lucy had finally moved back to her apartment. She found it difficult to stay sane with the ever-noisy mages fighting around. She couldn't concentrate on her study with Natsu and Happy kept bumping her with nonsensical questions. She couldn't eat her meals at peace with sneakers constantly flying above her head. She couldn't even bath properly since the mages like to barge through the locked doors, taking joy in doing whatever that was forbidden. 

At first, she doubted about her safety if she were to stay alone. But, a week had passed, and she hadn't heard any new attack from Oracion Seis. She assumed that the group must've from another region and that they had returned to it. Her fear assuaged at the thought.

Plus, she had Mr. Mohawk at her side now. He seemed to be a reliable friend. If she ever had a sneak attack from the enemy, she could summon him. So, there was nothing to be afraid of. No, actually she had two Stellar Spirits now. She'd later known that the Stellar Keys could be bought from stores and had purchased one. She had a fraction of share from Makao for saving him, though she felt guilty for taking it, as she did nothing but screaming all the time.

What could be happier for today? 

She woke up by the soothing ringing of the clock from the nearby cathedral, not the noise of smashing furniture. "Good morning, Aunt Marge. Good morning, Snowball." She kissed two photo frames on her bed headboard before diving off her bed. 

"Hmm, what should we do in a fine morning like this?" With a yawn, she stretched her arms and opened the sliding door to the balcony. It overlooked a wide river, with boats of all shapes coursing through it. On the boats were grannies and grampas selling fresh vegetables.  

For a room with a monthly rental of 70,000 Jewels, it was nothing to whine about. She had all the necessary kitchenware and appliances. There was also a wood recliner in front of the antique fireplace, where Aunt Marge often sat while knitting jumpers. But what cheered Lucy the most was the mahogany bookshelves that grew from the floor to the ceiling. The books were the best possessions Aunt Marge had left her, and Lucy was proud to say that she'd read them all. Contented, Lucy added a few stacks of Weekly Sorcerer to the shelf. After her chores, she walked to the bathroom. She let the water run in the bathtub for several minutes before soaking into it.

"Let's relax for a while, Snowball." Lucy caressed the nameplate on her necklace. "You always like jumping up from the water to catch the bubbles. Now, showering is boring without you. Do you miss me? I miss you so much..." She'd almost fallen asleep when she heard noises from her living room. Quickly, she draped a towel over her body, opened the door, and found--

"Natsu! What are you doing here in my house?"

Natsu was eating Lucy's favourite apple pie; golden cubes dripping down the side of his mouth. Darn that Fire Boy, Lucy was actually saving that for her brunch! And-- And the floor... Glasses of strawberry juice spilled out, wetting her beige carpet to a crimson of red.

"We miss you, Lucy! It had been two nights and a day since we last met," said Natsu, after shoving the last bit of pie into his big mouth. Crumbles spilled out of his mouth like firecrackers.

"My pie... Get out of my house! Do you know that trespassing is a crime?"

"Evil Luigy, that hurt my feelings." Natsu pulled his face. 

"I'm the one whose feelings are hurt." Lucy tightened her fists and prepared to punch Natsu when-- 

"What a nice house you have, Lucy! Look at my nails!"

Curious, Lucy transferred her gaze to Happy. She wished she hadn't, as what she was about to witness almost made her lung jump out of her mouth. Happy was sharpening his nails on her walls! Columns of scratches, of uneven thin and fat, marred her beautiful bamboo wallpaper.