Chapter 10

*Valerio*

As I lay in bed, my mate by my side, my thoughts revolved around Leo. Maria had stiffened when she had heard that name. Elisabetta said she used to sneak out to see him so he must have been her boyfriend. The thought of Maria being around another male made my blood boil. I was shivering in anger and my lycan was on edge when I had stormed out of the kitchen. I was just about to phase and go for a run when my mate's sweet vanila scent hit me. She was worried for me, I could sense it. She had called for me and for the first time in my very long life, my lycan gave up control to me willingly. He was like a lovesick puppy begging me to take him to her.
She came upto me from behind and said she was sorry for the way Eli had spoken but really it wasn't her fault. I think she was trying to give me an explanation but I didn't want to hear it so I smiled at her and told her it was okay. 

Throughout my life, I knew my mate was out there somewhere so I had never even thought about another woman, I didn't know what its like to be in love or to get your heartbroken. I had no idea what jealousy felt like or what it was like to be able to look at someone and just feel happy on the inside but one look at Maria and I had fallen in love. I felt like I had found the missing piece of my soul, and the mere thought of her being with someone else tore my heart into millions of pieces. I guess its true what they say about love, There is always some madness in love, But there is also always some reason in madness.   

It was almost dawn when my eyes finally started to close and I feel prey to the darkness with my mate's alluring scent guiding me to sleep.

*Maria*

I woke up to an empty bed which kinda dissapointed me, I mean he wasn't my boyfriend or something but I still wanted him to be here when I wake up. Ugh I don't know whats wrong with me, this guy is just driving me crazy. I drag myself out of my bed lazily and do my morning routine and go downstairs for breakfast. Mom texted me earlier saying they will be back later today so I decided to skip college again today and wait for them. Eli and I decided to tell our parents about all the incidents that had happened after my date in case they got paranoid which they probably will. Emanuele and Eli left for school and Valerio very reluctantly went to college. I cleaned up the house and decided to get some sleep before everyone gets back.

I woke up with a sligh commotion downstairs and froze. Fear rose in my chest and I fumbled around to find my phone and call for help. Just as I was about to dial Valerio's number I heard my mom's voice outside my bedroom door telling me they are home. I put the phone down and a heavy sigh escaped me. Thats when I realised how truely terrified I have been since the time Eli was attacked.

I went downstairs and hugged both my parents. We talked about how their trip was and they told me they might have to leave again for a longer while this time. The thought of being here without then, vulnerable, sent chills down my spine but then in the back of my mind I knew I'd have Valerio if it ever came to that. 

Emanuele dropped Eli at the porch after school because Eli didn't want to introduce him yet, though I am not sure why, I have never seen her so happy in  relationship before. After supper I told mom I have a date. She was a little taken aback because I hadn't talked about boys since Leo but was happy for me anyway.

"Eli come here and help me find an outfit." I yelled for her. "Your fashion sense is non-existent sister so I am here for you rescue." she said dramatically "Now please step out of your worthless closet and walk into my heaven" and with that she dragged me to her closet. 

After an hour of trying on dresses, we settled on a  simple grey sleve-less dress that ended right above my mid thigh. I wore pink cut out heels and took a pink jacket incase I got cold. Eli curled my hair into soft waves and she insisted on letting her do my makeup, which I didn't want so we settled for a lipgloss and light mascara and I was done. Right on cue, the doorbell rang. "The lover boy is hereeee" Eli sang before running down the strairs to get him.  I grabbed my phone and purse from my room before I walked downstairs.

Eli was introducing Valerio to mom and dad and when I walked down the stairs, his deep brown eyes bore into mine. I was hit by that ethralling woodsy scent that for some reason drove me crazier than it did before. He wore a crisp black suit sans tie. His lips turned into a toe curling smile which made me weak in the knees. I walked upto him and he kissed my cheek, "You look amazing" he whispered in his husky voice that had my panties in a twist. "Thankyou, You don't look so bad yourself" I gushed. He grabbed my hand which felt like electric shock but in a good way, "I will get her home safely" he said to my dad. My dad just frowned and nodded before walking into his room, which was strange since my dad was the one who encouraged me to start dating after Leo. My mom, who is usually chirpy just smiled at us before walking behind my dad. I will have to deal with them later

He led me by the hand to his equally stunning and awe worthy ashon martin and opened the door to usher me in. Once seated I asked, "So where are we going?" he had told me over the phone today to dressup so I figured we would be at some high end place. He didn't respond immediately and even when he did, it was a vague you'll see. After 15 minute of driving in comfortable silence we stopped outside the Grignano place. I was gaping at its white marble shinning under the moon light in pure awe and only realised this when Valerio opened my side of the door and helped me out. "Wow, this is... I don't, I can't" I stammered as I stared at the beauty. "We never got to visit this castle, the family who owns it refused to let visitors in. How did you manage this?" I asked as we walked towards it. "Soon princess, very soon you will find out." he said as he took me by hand and we walked inside.

*****************************************
Another filler. I'm sorry for not being able to post/write much
Happy reading❤