Begin

You were accepted into SM Ent at age 9. It was your third year as a trainee, and your schedule was always hard packed. After school, you had dance practice, vocal training, rap training, and language lessons. Although you loved all those things, you desperately wanted to debut, and the life of a trainee was tiring, always hopeful, always desperate for the reach of debut. Unfortunately, things were looking bleak for you. Since Red Velvet had already debuted, SM probably wasn't thinking of another girl group anytime soon. You were happy for them, but the event left a gaping hole in your chest, created by not only the loss of a chance, but also the loss of your only friend, Seulgi. That's when you got called. You were currently in the practice room, going over your a new dance routine when your manager called you aside. She said, "The CEO wants to talk to you about something Kate. He's waiting for you in his office." Although you were confused, you hurried to meet him.
---------Lee Sooman CEO's office--------
You knocked and entered. He looked up from some papers and greeted you with a smile. "Oh yes, I've been wanting to talk to you about something Kate." You approached closer to him, and he continued, "I've called you here on the topic of your debut. After your monthly assessment, I've seen your skill level, and after some discussions with your teachers and trainers, we've all come to the decision that you're ready. However, you probably realize that the debut of Red Velvet meant that SM won't be debuting any girl groups soon. However, I also don't want you to debut as a solo artist because your young age might cause this already difficult industry to be even harder for you to endure alone. So I've come to the decision that you will be debuting with NCT, SM's newest boy group." You blanked out. "A boy group?" You asked him with uncertainty. He replied, "I realize this may come as a shock, but we've all decided that your talent is more than enough to debut, and since co-ed groups are scarce these days, a new approach would be fresh and interesting." Your eyebrows were knit together, but after some thought, you realized that if you didn't take this chance, your trainee period would only continue. It would just be the same endless cycle for years, and without your friend, you didn't know how long you could endure it. Now determined, you firmly stated, "Yes."

A/N: For pictures/ gifs it won't be of a specific idol or person :):)