Jaehyun & Jungwoo

y'all know i had to write a shot for hyun and woo after those jack and rose costumes

×××

April 1912

"He's just a filthy, poor thief," Jungwoo's father booms. "I'm sure he's either stolen his ticket from a good, hard-working man or he cheated in gambling. There's no way he could afford a ticket on the great Titanic."

Jungwoo and his family were sat in their lavish suite aboard the Titanic, the greatest cruise ship the world has ever seen.

The Kim family was lucky enough to be in Southampton, England (Mrs. Kim's job had them moving all around) when it was annouced the biggest ship known to man was ready to sail its maiden voyage.

Of course, the Kims, being the refined, wealthy family they were, had to make history and ride the Titanic across the Atlantic Ocean just because they could.

Jungwoo wasn't opposed to the idea but he wasn't quite happy with it either.

All Jungwoo wanted was to settle in one place and feel at home.

He's never felt as if his family was very affectionate throughout his life. At 21 years old, he's never heard one of his parents tell him 'I love you.'

Even if it wasn't a husband with kids in a house too large for them, Jungwoo wanted somebody. Somebody to want him and somebody to want. He was still young so marriage and kids could always come later.

And even if he and his man lived in a too-cramped, slightly messed-up apartment, Jungwoo would be content in someone's embrace.

Fortunately, Jungwoo ran into a handsome, young man that may just be what he wants. A boy with a sweet smile and a comfortable presence.

Unfortunately, Jungwoo's father only saw the boy's outward appearance and immediately shut down any daydreams Jungwoo had started compiling.

"Jeez, Father, maybe you shouldn't judge someone based on their clothes. What if they can't help it?" Jungwoo tries to defend the boy from earlier.

Mrs. Kim laughs, "As if, Woo-Woo. Being around the poised, upper-class practically your whole life, you'd think you'd have a better eye for garbage," Mrs. Kim takes a long drink of thick, dark wine, motioning for the staff to refill her glass.

"Mother," Jungwoo takes a deep breath. "Anyone that's dressed as posh as you and Father, and even myself, is the garbage. Not someone with manners who smiles while holding the door open for people that scowl as they walk by without saying a simple 'thank you'."

Jungwoo's parents scoff as they realize their son was calling them out on their rude behavior.

"You should take a walk, Woo-Woo," Mrs. Kim says with a glare in her eyes.
"calm down and think twice before speaking to your father and I with such attitude."

Jungwoo rolls his eyes.

"And maybe you should down another bottle of wine, Mother. While Father should go eye-fuck another under-aged girl and you pretend not to notice."

With that, Jungwoo leaves his parents with their jaws dropped and walks out of their suite.

~