9.

Chapter 9

I am not a morning person. Which is quite a problem for a person who likes to take their time getting ready. So here I am minutes before having to leave for school and I’m not near ready. I’m running down the halls toothbrush in mouth (safe, I know) searching for my homework that always seems to be the opposite of where I’m looking.

Today Louis had to drive me to school earlier because we were picking Luke up. Yeah, Luke is going to be attending my school. I’m still trying to get used to it too.

“SOPHIE! Are you even dressed yet?” Louis yells to me.

“Uh kind of.” I say looking down at my pajamas.

“Get dressed! I’m getting in the car.” He says walking out the front door. Rude.

Louis starts to sound more and more every day. I throw on my “lovely” school uniform and put my hair up in a ponytail. Louis honks the car horn signaling for me to hurry up. Grabbing my backpack I run out the front door.

“Jeez Lou, I said I was hurrying.” I say as he backs out of the driveway.

“I have places to go and people to see.” He tells me.

I shrug and look out the window, the drive from my house to the boys’ house is only a couple minutes. Luke and the lady looking to foster we’re supposedly going to have a meeting after school. I think living somewhere somewhat normal would be a really good thing for Luke.

When we pull up to the boys’ house I get out of the car to go get Luke like Louis asked me too. I ring the door bell and Liam answers.

“Hey Soph, I’ll send Luke out he’s still eating I think.” Liam says disappearing back into the house.

Luke comes out of the door moments later. I was so used to see him in t-shirts and jeans, I had never seen him in nice clothes. He was wearing a uniform polo and slacks like all the other boys at my school and the boys’ obviously took him to get his hair cut because it wasn’t as long and shaggy as it was the day before. It was clean cut and styled up. But Luke was Luke and he was wearing beat-up converse that clashed.

“Whoa Sophie, are you checking me out?” He teases.

“What um, no.” I say feeling my cheeks turning beet red.

“It’s okay I was checking you out too.” He says walking past me and getting into the back of Louis’s car. I roll my eyes and get into the front of the car.

The school is fairly close to the boys’ house so the ride isn’t that long. Louis was explaining to me that when I got to school I had to show Luke where the front office is and help him get his schedule. Laykin told me she was excited to see Luke because she had met him a couple times before he had to leave last summer. She still thinks we’re perfect together. But I swear she’s just a love struck teenager.

We pull into the back of the school as we do and say a quick bye to Louis. Luke and I start walking into the building.

“So we’re going to the front office to get my schedule, yeah?” He asks me.

“Yeah. It’s just over this way.”

“Are we going to have any classes together?” He asks me as we walk.

“Doubt it, remember you’re a year older than me.” I remind him.

“A year’s not that big of a difference.” He reminds me.

I roll my eyes at him yet again. As we walk to the front office I can’t help but notice all the girls looking at Luke. I know he’s hot but please mind your own business. Luke is totally oblivious to the fact that they are all staring at him.