Epilogue

EPILOGUE

Walking up the hill of the cemetery was an old man, hunching slightly, cane in hand. Each step he took was wobbly, but he knew exactly where he was heading towards. He was of an uncertain age, but certainly not a day below 80. The aged man spotted indeed what he had been looking for. The wrinkled and deprived elderly man also had in hand thirteen happy, cheerful looking daisies. The man bent slowly in front of the grave stone, his knees almost giving out, and placed the daisy on top of all the other flowers out of habit.

The mature aged man sat down in a wooden bench that was below a tree right in front of the grave. He then began to talk.

“Hey, Zayn, how are you?” Louis spoke, he pushed his frames that were sliding down his nose, “How’s Harry and Niall, they’ve been joining you up there for quite a while. You welcomed them with open arms in Heaven right?”

Louis nodded slightly, “That’s what I thought… You always welcome everyone with open arms,” He said softly.

“Liam’s doing well… He’s been having trouble with his breathing, but he’s doing alright… Danielle’s holding him up real well…” Louis said and played with his fragile fingers, “Well, I just wanted to pay another visit like I always do, I miss you, someday I’ll join you up there with the other two boys… I hope you’re still waiting for me up there, if you aren’t I’ll wait for you like I’ve done all my life,”

The man then spoke more serious and looked at the thirteen daisies placed on top of the other flowers, “Zayn, I’ll stop loving you until the last daisy dies,” The old man suddenly started to cough desperately and unevenly.

“I have to go now, it’s getting quite late and I have to take my medication,” Louis pulled his sleeve up and looked at the time on his pale white skin with wrinkles and age spots.

The frail old man got up slowly and carefully and grabbed his cane and wobbled next to the grave, “Remember, I’ll stop loving you until the last daisy dies,”

Little did Zayn know was that one of the daisies was artificial; so it will last forever and never die…