Chapter 24

~Jungkook pov~

What happened?

Am I alive?

Why do I hear beeping?

Why do I feel cold?

...maybe I am dead.

No, I'm alive. I think. I think I'm breathing.

I slowly opened my eyes. Instead of being met with my bedroom or Taehyung's basement, I saw bright lights. I blinked. I tried to move but I felt weak. I looked around. I'm in a hospital. Where is Taehyung? Is he okay? How long have I been asleep?

I looked around. I was all alone in the room. I saw Taehyung's clothes on the couch, indicating that he's been here. I turned my attention to the bathroom. The door was closed but the light was on. I can hear the shower running.

I slowly reached up and rubbed my head. I looked down and saw that I have a hospital gown on. I tried to move but I feel too weak to really move.

My thoughts were stopped when the bathroom door opened. Taehyung walked out. He was drying his hair with a towel as he walked over to the couch. He sat down the clothes he holding and he turned around. He looked at me and froze. He stared at me. The towel fell to the floor. He walked over to me and lightly held my hand.

"K-Kookie?" He asked. I looked up at him and tried to speak but I just ended up coughing.

"Hey, don't try to talk." He said softly, sitting down on the side of the bed. He leaned close to me and he kissed my forehead. He then hugged me.

"I was scared I lost you. I'm so sorry for getting you into this. I'm so, so sorry, Baby." He said. I felt butterflies in my stomach at the nickname. He had called me it once before when I had gotten shot. I like it.

I lifted my arms up and hugged him back, though it's a weak hug on my part. I breathed in his scent and I closed my eyes. After a few seconds, he pulled away. He wiped away the tears before they fell and he smiled.

"Want some water?" I asked. I nodded. He got up and got a cup off of the table. He sat back down beside me. He lightly removed the oxygen mask and he put the straw up to my mouth. I took a few sips and he pulled it away. He put the mask back.

"H-how long........" I coughed.

".... have I been a-asleep?" I asked.

"Quite a few hours, that's all." Taehyung answered. I nodded. The door opened. I looked over at it. It was a nurse. She smiled lightly.

"Hello. I see Jungkook's awake." She smiled. She walked over to us and looked at the monitors.

"Your blood pressure is low, do you feel light headed?" She asked, looking at me. I shook my head. She nodded.

"Do you feel any pain?" She asked. I shook my head.

"I feel weak." I said. She nodded.

"That's normal. I'll get you some real food and I'll change your IVs." She said. She reached up and took the IV bags off the hook. They were almost empty. She carried them to the counter and brought another one over to me. She hung it on the hook and she stuck the needle into the end of the one that was already in me. She then took the oxygen mask off of me and put the one that rests in your nose on me. She then walked to the door.

"I will be back with some food." She said. She then walked away. I looked back at Taehyung.

"Did you tell my parents about anything?" I asked. Taehyung shook his head.