Day 1 of Peace with the Ultimate Liar

Shuichi was rather groggy as he woke up. Day 1, eh? What was exactly in store for the time to come was beyond him. As far as he was concerned, he had one goal- just get along with everyone. The only roadblock was.... Kokichi. Ultimate Supreme Leader, and the Ultimate Liar. Shuichi dreaded the fact of having to deal with the odd man. But it was a must.... Though he could just hang out with Kaito, that was a more preferable option.

        Shuichi sighed, he didn't exactly have to get along with Kokichi, but he found it better to at least be familiar with him. Detective's intuition, if you will.... Then again, it was just human nature to be curious right?

        "Wow! Amazing, Shuichi! I was just thinking about talking to you!" Kokichi gasped when Shuichi approached him with an offer to hangout. Though Shuichi knew that was a plain lie, he didn't give any verbal counter or response. "But, you seem to already know- that's a lie." Of course it was.

        Shuichi thought it was best to try the AV room and check out some documentaries. So, before he knew it he was watching Kokichi scramble through DVD options. But then Shuichi saw a certain documentary that caught his eyes.

"A bug documentary!"

"Wow Shuichi! What an awesome suggestion! I have always wanted to understand Gonta more!"

        Though that was not Shuichi's direct attempt, it was still killing two birds with one stone. Or three, but like his mind settled on- no use in being all buddy-buddy with the man.

        "A decent human such as myself can't fathom why Gonta would like such creepy things!" Kokichi soon spoke up mid-way through the documentary, keeping a wide grin on his face. Despite how odd Shuichi felt the smile was, he sorta agreed. Would be nice to understand Gonta's weird choice of favorite living things... creepy, slithering, crawling- "You feel the same way as me, right Shuichi?"

"Yeah." He answered shortly with a wry smile.

"Neeheehee! You and I really do get along!" Kokichi giggled in delight with a grin.

"Heh, yeah maybe." It was clear Kokichi didn't really hear Shuichi's mutter, he found that a good thing sort of.

         The documentary seemed to end rather quickly, ending with a conclusion about the lives of bugs in general and their cycle of life. Despite the quick passings, it was noon already. Proven by when his stomach rumbled loudly. It even managed to catch Kokichi's attention, his expression of slight disgust from the screen, forming to one of surprise.

"That was interesting huh?" Shuichi decided to strike up conversation, the atmosphere starting to waver a bit.

"Yeah, but watching things happily eat when I'm not has me hungry." Kokichi sighed as he began to get up. What an odd way to end the time though huh? So....

"Wanna go get something to eat?"

"I was thinking the same!" Kokichi gasped.

"Telling the same lie?" Shuichi questioned, a bit surprised that Kokichi told a very similar lie like before... Shuichi looked the other up and down with narrowed eyes before coming to one conclusion. "This is boring ya now huh?"

Kokichi stared blankly at Shuichi before letting out an abrupt giggle. "Neeheeheehee!~ Can't hide that from the Ultimate Detective huh?"

"So what do you tell bad lies when you're bored then?" Shuichi had to admit, it was rather interesting to express boredom through bad lies.

"Maybe!" Kokichi jeered as he lunged himself out the seat, his smile plastered on his face. "Well? Let's go to the kitchen then!"