arrival to france

In a beautiful carriage sat Cleopatra, Ptolemy, Cleopatra's four year old daughter, Arsinoe, and Cleopatra's ladies, Zakira and Alessandra. After a long, long time on the boat from Egypt to France, they had made there way to the palace of the french royal family. Soon the marriage of the bastard son of the king and Mary of Scotland will take place, along with the execution of Catherine de Medici, under the charges of adultery.

Finally at the castle, the trumpets played as a sign of a royal arriving. The door opens up and Cleopatra was the first out, Ptolemy followed suit, and Zakira and Alessandra followed behind with Arsinoe holding their hands.

Of course, Cleopatra wasn't stupid as to go to a foreign country without protection and brought with her guards and guards for Arsinoe. And she wasn't leaving her country alone, her mother was ruling in the meantime.

They were showed to the throne room where there stood the King and Queen of France and Marie de Guise. No sign of the Dauphin or Mary of Scots or her fiance. She hoped they weren't doing... anything together. Cleopatra nodded at the royals in respect which they did back.

"Thank you for the invitation, Your Royal Majesties. And my condolences to you, Queen Catherine." Cleopatra spoke. Catherine groaned in humiliation that the news of her execution even reached to Egypt and beyond.

"Queen Cleopatra Selene. An honor to have you." The king said, staring at the young woman with lust. Cleopatra was disgusted but didn't show it.

Little Arsinoe let go of her mother's maids and walked forward to stand at her mother's side. She watched her mother stand tall and looked at Ptolemy. She raised her arms up and Ptolemy picked her up. Now she was the same size as her mother.

"It's been a long trip and I would like to retire to my room, if you see fit." Cleopatra said. King Henry nodded, ordered a servant to show her. Cleopatra nodded gracefully before following. Arsinoe tapped on Ptolemy's head and he put her down. She follows her mother quickly.

Later that day, Francis returns after trying to convince Mary not to marry Bash. He was too late. Mary and Bash were now husband and wife in the eyes of God. He was just about ready to leave after saying goodbye to her mother, when his father stopped him. They stood in the King's room. Francis was impatient to leave, not wanting to see the newlywed.

"It seems that Mary had went along and chose Bash over you. I had hoped that she'd come to her sense, but it seems not..."

"Does what you say have a point?" Francis asked impatiently. King Henry smiled and stood from his chair. He held onto Francis' shoulders, griping them.

"The point is, my son and heir, we don't need Scotland." Henry said happily. Francis heard clearly when his father called him his heir, not Bash. But what did he mean they didn't need Scotland?

"Why do you say all this, father?" Francis questions.

"I have found a new possible alliance." Henry answers.

"Who?" Francis asked. The doors open up and Catherine walks in. She looked tired from planning.

"Have you told him?" Catherine asked Henry. He rolls his eyes.

"I was just about to before you interrupted." Henry said annoyed.

"Well then hurry up, already." Catherine pressures. They look at Francis before Catherine says,

"Bash will not be made king of France. It is your birth right." Catherine grabbed her son's hand and squeezed it. Henry nods and continues,

"And you will not be king consort of Scotland. You will be Francis of Valois, future King of France and future King Consort of Egypt."

I'M SORRY THAT IT'S SHORT.