snow

Cleopatra walked towards Ferdinand and Kenna with Zakira following.

"Archduke Ferdinand." Cleopatra called. Ferdinand immediately looked away from the beautiful Kenna and bowed his head with a smile on his face. Kenna tried to catch his attention again, but was failing.

"Cleopatra, my dear. How are you?" Ferdinand asked kindly.

"I am well and happy to see you." Cleopatra returns. Ferdinand chuckled.

"And how is your daughter?" He asked.

"See for yourself. Arsinoe, come here, darling." Cleopatra holds out her hand as Arsinoe runs over and takes it. Ferdinand bows in respect to the tiny princess.

"Princess, very happy to see you." Ferdinand told her.

"Who are you?" Arsinoe asked softly.

"He is an old friend of grand-mama and my uncle." Cleopatra answers. Yes, Ferdinand is a relative to her by marriage between Ferdinand and one of Cleopatra's aunts on her mother's side. It was only a year ago that her aunt had died, leaving him a widow.

"Do you know my father?" Arsinoe asked him innocently. It made Cleopatra and Ferdinand freeze. Luckily, Zakira stepped in.

"Come along, princess. Why don't we go play in the snow?"  She suggests and Arsinoe forgets she asked anything and ran out to play. Ferdinand looked at his niece and frowned.

"Are you alright?" He asked, placing a hand on her arm in comfort.

"Perfectly, it's just a bit difficult to talk about him." Cleopatra stuttered out and then takes a deep breath. A smile was now on her face. "Never mind that now. Please, join me for tea."

Arsinoe tossed a snowball at Zakira. She giggled every time she was able to hit her. Alessandra joined them a bit after and stood by Zakira. Arsinoe tossed the snow as far as she could.

"May I join you?" She turns around to see Francis. She ran up to him, letting him pick her up. Arsinoe was growing attached to Francis.

"Of course. You can be on my team." Arsinoe giggled. He puts her down on the snow. Without warning, Arsinoe grabbed a handful of snow and threw it at Francis. Francis gasped in surprise before picking her up again and threatening to toss her into a pile of snow.

"No, no, no." Arsinoe yells. She laughed as Francis would toss her in the air and catch her again.

"I'm going to do it. You're going into the snow." Francis plays.

"No, Francis. It's cold!" Arsinoe yells.

"Alright, if that's what the princess commands." Francis says, putting Arsinoe down gently and kneeling. In the background, Alessandra and Zakira watch closely. Arsinoe suddenly hugs Francis, wrapping her little arms around his neck.

"I wish you were my papa." Arsinoe whispered when hugging him. Francis' heart melts with happiness. He didn't know why it meant so much to him, but it did. Francis hugged back gently.

Neither, except her Zakira and Alessandra, noticed Cleopatra returning. Cleopatra wrapped her fur cloak tightly around herself to keep the cold away.

"What is happening here?" Cleopatra teased.

"Snowball fight, mama!" Arsinoe giggled.

"I can see that. Come, Arsinoe. Let's go warm you up and a change of clothes." Cleopatra says gently with a smile on her face. Arsinoe grabbed Francis by the hand and dragged him with her.

"May Francis come too? Please, mama!" Arsinoe begs.

"If the Dauphin wishes too." Cleopatra looked at Francis for his answer. He nods yes. Arsinoe jumps in glee before pulling Francis with her to hold her mothers hand as well. Francis smiles down at the tiny princess and they all walk back inside the castle.

"Cousin!" Cleopatra turns around to listen to Ptolemy. Ptolemy bows.

"Mary of Scots and her husband have returned." He informs. Cleopatra nods and turns to Francis. Francis looks away at the mention of his half-brother and ex-betroth. Cleopatra waves away Ptolemy.

"Shall we?" Cleopatra motions to where they originally headed to. They continue walking away, instead of going to greet the couple back for the honeymoon.