Chapter 22

(Y/N)'s POV

"Ladies and gentlemen! Boys and girls! Welcome, to the Noah's Ark Circus!", Joker announced. Everyone in the audience began cheering. They were excited for the circus. Joker started doing his funny tricks, and then started talking again. "We're going to have a special performer today! His name is Black, and he's good at many things." Peter and Wendy started swinging on their trapezes, and Sebastian popped up out of nowhere and caught Wendy as Peter missed her.

He continued to pop in randomly on every act, when someone messed up or simply just to be there. He was wearing a fancy black tailcoat, with a white shirt underneath and a purple ribbon for a bowtie. His top hat was black, and also had a purple ribbon and a skull in the middle.

The performance lasted over 2 hours, but it went by very quickly. Soon, everyone was standing in a straight line, and they bowed as the audience applauded. "He's so talented.", Carrie sighed dreamily. Laura looked disgusted by her sister.

"Yeah.", I said. "I'm proud to be called his friend."

The audience began to trickle out of the tent, as the performance was over. "Sebastian!", I cheered. "You were amazing!". Sebastian chuckled, and I heard Carrie squeal softly beside me. "Oh, this is Carrie.", I introduced. "Remember her?".

"Ah. Yes, I do.", Sebastian said, trying not to sound disgusted. Either Carrie's dumb as shit, or she's too excited to be so close to Sebasian because she didn't notice his grimace. "Hello, Carrie...", Sebastian says, smiling in a forced sort of way. "Well, it was nice seeing you again, but I must get ready for bed..." And he quickly left.

"Oh, he's so dashing!", Carrie said, sighing. I stifled a laugh, but luckily she didn't notice. "Do ye think he likes me?", Carrie asked me, her eyes hopeful.

Laura scoffed, and rolled her eyes. I felt incredibly bad about lying to her, but to say that he didn't would make her even more melancholy. "I... I think so.", I said, smiling. "He acts differently around you." Carrie's eyes lit up, and she squealed loudly, almost falling off of the crate she was sitting on. I felt terrible. She was excitedly speaking of their future together, and how many kids they'd have, and their wedding... Dear god.

As I was pretending to be happy for Carrie, Ciel slunk over to us, his hands in his pockets and his head low. "Joker won't stop talking to Sebastian.", he whispered. "And then when I was about to ask him about the missing children, his fanclub started approaching, so I left." Ciel looked absolutely miserable. "And what's more; Sam's actually a girl!".

Woah. Wait. Hold up. Excuse me.

"Sam's a girl?", I hissed, trying to ignore Carrie chattering away to a not so enthusiastic Laura in the background. "What the hell do you mean, he's a girl?".

Ciel winced at my tone. "After their performance, Doll came over to me, because I was sneaking around the first stringers' tents, looking for evidence, and Joker was coming, quickly. She helped me out of there, and when I asked why she helped me, she took off her damn wig, and it was Sam!", he snapped. "And then I asked, 'Are you really a girl?', and she made me touch her... Her... Her you know what!".

"Her 'you know what'?", I asked, smirking. Poor Ciel's face was beet red. I wouldn't make him say it, because I already knew what he was talking about. Her boob, hah. "Well, now she knows that we're skulking around the first stringer's tents."

"I know. When Sebastian gets rid of his fanclub, we'll have to tell him... We have to be a lot more careful now.", Ciel said, grimacing at the thought of his mistake.

Carrie came over to us, a bright smile on her face. "What are ye guys talkin' about?", she asks us. I knew that she was implying that Ciel was flirting with me. I exchanged a glance with Ciel. He shrugged, as if to say 'I don't know! You come up with something!'. I sighed internally, and then tried to think of something quickly.

"Smile was saying that he enjoyed Black's performance... But he's a bit jealous of all the girls that flock around him.", I said. Upon saying this, I looked over at Ciel. His face was completely red, and his eyes were full of hate and glaring at me.

"Aw...", Carrie said, giving Ciel a hug. Her boobs were pressed near Ciel's face, as she bent down to hug him, and he was blushing so hard I could mistake his face for a giant tomato. "Don't worry, Smile. I'm sure there's lots of girls who'd love to be your wife." I saw Laura blush a little. Ohoho, I see... Laura likes Ciel.

"Um, thank you.", Ciel said, pulling away from Carrie. "But I sincerely doubt that... And there's only one girl I'd like to be my wife, but she loves someone else, I'm pretty sure." He glanced at me briefly, and then looked at the ground. Everyone was quiet, and I cleared my throat loudly before speaking.

"I think I'm going to head back to my tent.", I said awkwardly. "I'll see you later, Carrie. You too, Laura." And then I turned around quickly, and then started running.

My cheeks were flushed, and my heart was pounding hard. It wasn't because I was running, though.

It was because I knew who Ciel was talking about.

He loved me.