Chap 10, 11, 12

Sans had practically slept the rest of the day away. Papyrus would be impressed, if he wasn't so concerned.

Undyne and Alphys had left early this morning, to start getting whatever business that remained here under wraps. Papyrus had gotten off the phone with his land lord, who had been almost excited at the fact he'd be moving. Apparently, the many noise complaints annoyed them. But now that that business was taken care of, he could take care of Sans.

Sans was laid in bed, though looked up at him when he returned to the room.

Papyrus smiled, " Good Morning, Sans! Are You Hungry?"

Sans shook his head, only furthering his concern.

" Oh...Well, It Isn't Good To Skip Food, Certainly Not Breakfast, As It Is The Most Important Meal Of The Day! Could You At Least Try A Few Bites? And If You're Still Not Hungry, You Don't Have To Eat" Papyrus tried. It was a trick he learned from his mother, a bite or two would help the other feel his hunger, and even if he still denied food, something was better than nothing.

Sans sighed, but nodded. The relief made it easier to breathe.

While Sans's legs were back, (along with another nosebleed, Alphys was going to bring over their humidifiers since Undyne had the same issues with dry air), the smaller skeleton couldn't walk. His left leg was missing from just above the kneecap. Even if he had both legs, Sans wouldn't've been able to walk anyway, having never done so. Papyrus brought him into his arms, desperately trying to ignore the fact that Sans was sans pants as he returned to the kitchen.

"Do You Want To Watch Me Cook? I Could Maybe Teach You, Too? If You Want, Of Course!" Papyrus offered. The siren looked interested at the offer, wanting to learn, and nodded. The taller skeleton set him on the counter, where he'd be able to watch and reach out to help if he so chose. Papyrus decided to show Sans how to make scrambled eggs, because that was something that went well with the other's favorite condiment. Plus, they were fairly easily to learn.

Sans watched, often signing questions about what was what, Papyrus was more than happy to help. It was quite the learning experience for him, too. There were some many things he'd never thought much about, so many things that just didn't exist in the ocean. Spices, bread, many tools, household items, and fire. It seemed strange, that he didn't know what fire was, yet it made sense. Where would Sans of seen it in the water? In teaching these things to Sans, he felt like he was having a lesson of his own.

The eggs were finished cooking quickly, since it didn't require much time to cook. The taller brought their plates over to the table before he helped Sans to his seat. The other's eyelights brightened at the ketchup-smothered eggs, and while the sight of it made him want to gag, it was well worth seeing the improvement of his friend's mood. Breakfast was soon over, thankfully Sans had eaten his food. Papyrus ditched their plates in the sink before heading over to where Sans sat.

" Do You Want To Try Walking? Or, At Least Standing? Undyne Said She Will Be Bringing Over Her Crutches, But We Can Still Practice Without Them" Papyrus asked. Learning to walk wouldn't be as hard for the smaller skeleton, being made of magic and bones, they lacked muscles to train and strengthen. Balance would be the biggest issue, even more so with a missing limb. The taller had the fortune of never breaking a leg, so he had no clue on how hard it might be using crutches. But Undyne had experience, so maybe sans would allow her to help, too?

Sans hesitantly nodded, looking startled when Papyrus dragged the chair he was in away from the table.

" Alrighty. Lets start with stretching. Can you roll your ankle?"

A fishy tailOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara