Chap 17, 18

Papyrus struggled to fall asleep.

There was far too many thoughts on his mind. Far too many worries, yet there was nothing he could do to immediately solve them. It had been around two weeks since he had 'accepted' working at the Aquarium once more. There had been little good news since then, if any. Their trial was expected to go to court from anywhere between two months, and seven.

That was far, far too long.

Sans wasn't doing well. The siren had seemed to be fairing a bit better than he had been before Papyrus had arrived, but that wasn't a great improvement. It was as if a strange apathy overcame him. The siren became "quieter", no longer signing as much anymore. Sans seemed more exhausted by the day. His eyelights seemed to get a bit grayer, the bruises under his sockets became darker from the sleepless nights.

In all honesty, the phone call should of been expected.

Papyrus had been half-awake when his phone loudly buzzed against the bed-stand it rested on. The skeleton jerked in surprise, shooting up to grab it and see who was crazy enough to call at this hour. His soul stirred with anxiety when he noticed it was one of his co-workers. They only would call if something happened to Sans.

" Hello?" Papyrus greeted, unable to keep the worry out of his voice. Why did he feel something was so very wrong?

" Hey. Are you able to come over? I think theres something wrong with the siren- your friend" Jodi informed, also sounding very concerned.

" What's Wrong?" He questioned, already getting to his feet to get ready.

" I... I don't really know. I don't know enough about monsters to answer that. He's just... somethings wrong" she sighed, " Are you going to come? I dunno how to help."

" I'll Be Right Over" with that, the taller skeleton hung up. He pulled on his jacket before he headed to Undyne's door. When the first few knocks didn't seem to wake her, Papyrus opened the door and flipped the lights on. While it was very rude, it was necessary. He would apologize later.

" Ugh.. wha- dude, it's like, two in the morning" She groaned as she brought an arm over her face. Alphys yanked a pillow around her head.

" Something Happened At The Aquarium. I Don't Know What, But I Needed To Tell Someone Where I'm Going" Papyrus informed, a bit guilty at how rude he was being. It wasn't good to go without informing someone, or without some backup. He learned that from experience.

That woke them up entirely. Undyne sat up, a serious expression on her face. Alphys looked concerned, slowly bringing herself to wakefulness too.

" You want me to come?" Undyne questioned, despite the fact she was already on her feet and getting dressed. Normally, he would. Papyrus shook his head, the other paused in her movements.

" Could You Come With Me, Alphys? If The Emergency Is An Injury..." he trailed off, to let them fill in the gaps. It was best left unsaid, anyway. The two nodded, understanding entirely. Alphys was more useful in that sort of emergency, and while Undyne wanted to help, she knew she was more help here.

" I-I'll be down after I get dressed. Y-you should go start the car" Alphys ordered, getting out of bed as well. The skeleton nodded before he headed to the stairs. Papyrus didn't have to wait in the car too long before Alphys joined him, and the two headed to the Aquarium. The drive would take less time than usual, given the lack of traffic, but it was still a few hours long. He hoped that Sans would be okay until they arrived.

When they arrived, the sun was beginning to light up the sky. The morning air was cold, but the two paid it little mind as they hurried into the building. Jodi was waiting for them outside of the Employee entrance, she must of been very concerned, if the human stayed overtime to meet with them.