Babysitter

Tony P.O.V.
     Ziva and I pull up to the park and I quickly turn off the ignition. I hop out, barely remembering to shut the door and rush over to the ambulance that is loading Senior on a stretcher. When we approach, Ziva asks the paramedics if they've seen an infant anywhere.

"Why, yes ma'am. The young girl who called 9-1-1 had a small child with her," the paramedic responds.

"What girl?" Ziva asks.

The paramedic points and there's a young girl sitting on a bench gently bouncing a crying Tali. I recognize her from somewhere. I check my phone to make sure I thought correctly, and sure enough it's our babysitter from earlier today.

Ziva goes to talk to the girl and pick up Tali and I go to check on Senior. When I approach the stretcher, Senior is going in and out of consciousness and all he can say is, "Is Tali ok?"

The look of concern on his face breaks my heart. I know he didn't mean to faint and that he would never do anything to put Tali in danger. I tell him that she's ok and that he should get some rest and we'll follow him to the hospital. I squeeze his hand and they hoist the stretcher into the ambulance. The doors slam shut and Senior heads to the hospital.

I go over to Ziva, who is loading Tali into her stroller and fill her in on Seniors condition. She tells me that the babysitter saw Senior faint and called 9-1-1. The babysitter knew what Tali looked like, so she knew who to call to come help. I am at a loss for words, but grateful to the babysitter. I go over to express my thanks and she ducks her head, not wanting to make eye contact.

"Thank you, Brooklyn." I say, as I recall her name from the babysitter ads. I put out my hand for her to shake and she looks up and shakes my hand.

Brooklyn looks at me, and says the one thing I wasn't expecting. "You're welcome, brother."