Comment 1: @Sapphire0258

"Run."

The Doctor held out her hand for me, which I took gratefully. Behind us the Cyberman base exploded, the sheer force of it almost throwing me backwards. But with the study grip of the Time Lord and a determined gaze, I followed her out of the factory complex and into the adjacent field. Most of the people we managed to warn were out here, but it was still nothing compared to the men, women and children trapped inside.

We stand as observers to the destruction of the largest factory in the UK. Estimated to employ one in four people, it was impossible to save them all once the transformations began. Especially since we're in the middle of the peak in the Industrial Revolution.

The whole trip started as a means to help me with my economic history assignment, although I'm not sure what the verdict on this event will be.

I remembered the look the Doctor gave when she realised we were facing one of her old nemesis, it was cold, hard and entirely unforgiving.

A strangled cry makes me jump. A woman in her thirties screamed at the destruction and to my horror, started running towards it.

"Doctor?" I asked but she had already jetted off after her, yelling at her to stop. My own eyes spot a young girl trailing after her, tripping over her own dress as she tried to keep up with the older lady.

Without another thought, I ran after her, pulling her away from the gate, shielding her small body with my own as a piece of debris flew above us.

Her body shook uncontrollably in my own, instantly reminding me of my baby sister. I turned her so that she was facing me and wiped her tears.

"Hey hey hey, don't cry," I whispered, her eyes darted behind me but I blocked her view. "What's your name?"

"Abigail," the girl sniffed, her voice barely a whisper. I took my jacket and wrapped it around her shoulders to keep her warm.

"What a beautiful name Abigail. I'm Safiya- wait hey look at me," I stated in the most calming voice I could manage.

Slowly I made Abigail and I switch positions so that I was facing the Doctor and the lady who still refused to listen. Keeping my attention on Abigail I racked my brain to figure out a way to distract her.

"Listen, shall I tell you a secret?" I asked, with a glint in my eye. Abigail stopped snivelling for a second and nodded, unable to resist her curiosity.

"The Doctor and I, we come from a different time. The future, more than one hundred years actually, one hundred and ten years in the future," I pursed my lips suddenly realising how far we are from home. Glancing at the young girl, I struggled to maintain my composure when I realised she still had two wars to live through.

Her eyes widened but then she shook her head disbelievingly.

"It's true! The Doctor found me one day and saved me, then she told me to run and that's all we've been doing since," I continued focusing once again on the Doctor who seemed to finally be getting through to the woman.

"Tell me about the Doctor?" Abigail mumbled, and my face instantly lighted up with a grin.

"She's the best person you'd ever meet. Kind, brave, really odd sometimes, like seriously she may need to get checked out," I said causing a small giggle to escape from the child. "But she's amazing. Travels in this blue police box through time and space. Whenever you see it, you just know everything is going to be okay," I grinned at the confused look she had on her face.

"Safiya?" The Doctor called and I gave her a wave.

"Remember it's our secret okay?"

Abigail thought about it for a moment and then nodded her head.