Chapter 59

Chapter 59: Endgame

Carmela's POV

"Isa pang iyak, Carmela, sasapakin na kita!" Angelica shouted. She's been like this ever since I went here the night I ran away. Alam ng lahat na nandito ako pero sinabi kong 'wag munang sabihin kay Nash. I am still not ready to face him, I know he'll come here or wherever I am right now. It's still painful. What I saw, what he did, and what he said. I know it was all true but I don't know why I don't believe him.

Maybe I am blinded by lies, by tragedies. Maybe I was so used in hearing and seeing lies that's why I can't believe his statements fully. God know how I want to believe him but there's something that pulls me back and says that "Don't believe him."

"Angel! Don't shout at her! She's hurt!" Kath defended me. It's been two months since I left his house. And I've been crying a lot for two months. Every day, every night, and every time I think of him. I just can't get him out of my system. He's engraved in my mind and I don't know how to erase him.

I never knew it will end to this. I never knew that this day will come. I thought about it for the last couple of days. I'm thinking of going to NYC or to another country rather than Korea and Philippines. I remember him there in that two places. I already booked and bought a plane ticket for NYC and hindi ko pa 'yon sinasabi sa iba kong kasama rito.

Lia left. She said that she's going to talk to Nash. They were harsh to him. I heard them talk individually. Angelica cursed him a lot while Jasper and Kyle just said, "Go to hell, heartbreaker." Then they would roll their eyes endlessly. Jaeden was the calmest of them all. Yes, he would curse him but he would then let out a sigh then talk to Nash. I once heard his voice when he talked to Kath because it was on loud speaker. He said sorry for a couple of times and I knew deep down, I already forgave him.

This day, I already spilled the news to my friends. They weren't shocked at all when I said that I'll be flying to New York for a change. Maybe they had thought about this. Baka alam nilang gagawin ko rin 'to para maka-move on because obviously, I still love him and I look like I'm going to trust him completely again. Sinabi pa nga ni Kyle na 'wag na raw ako uli magpakatanga e.

"Are you sure? 'Wag kang padalos-dalos, Carmela. Maybe your mind is just angry kaya gusto mong pumunta ng States. And besides, you're pregnant for four months!" Angelica says as she holds my hand. "Don't you wanna give your children a father!"

Now she's so concern about the father of my child. "I can be a father and mother figure to my children, Angel," I coldly said.

"Hindi mo na ba siya mahal?" Jasper intervened. Napatingin lang ako sa kanya. Malungkot siyang nakatingin sa'kin. They knew what happened, alam nila kung ano ang napag-usapan namin ni Nash. "Look, yes I've been harsh to him but I'm just saying, he's the father of your child. He deserves to know it."

"I love him but I don't trust him the way I did before, Jasper. Nakakatakot na magtiwala, Jasper. Nakakatakot nang mamatay uli dahil sa pag-ibig." Napabuntong-hininga ako. "I'm done playing Cupid's game even if it also means game over for the both of us."

Malungkot na yumakap si Lia sa'kin mula sa likod. "Bestfriend, stay please. We'll take care of them. C-can you stay for Christmas?"

It's already December 23, two days from Christmas Day. I wish I can stay but the more I stay here, the more tears are going to flow out from my eyes.

"No. My mind is fix, Lia. I'm going to New York. A new start, a fresh one. Tapos na akong makipaglaro rito. I want a new game. I want a fair one. I don't want to be hurt again." I tried to hold back all the tears. Simula noong umalis ako sa bahay ni Nash ay lagi nalang akong umiiyak gabi-gabi.