Chapter 17 Red vs green

This chapter takes place a week after the last chapter team rwby and team arrow are still heading to atles but they stopped in that small abandoned town and stayed in that house while team rwby is having an easy time laying low team arrow is having a hard time laying low so they are training. The chapter starts with y/n waking up at 6 am.

Y/ns pov

I woke up at 6 am in the morning and quickly stretched. Then i grabbed my bow and green arrow gear and suited up. Just then i see that the rest of team arrow are up even oliver is up. 

Roy: I heard you wake up y/n lemme guess its time to start training?

Y/n: That is correct roy now all of you suit up in your gear and meet me outside in five minutes.

Team arrow: Yes sir!

They run into there rooms to change into there gear and i head outside to set up some training dummys and some targets. Just then team arrow walks out of the house all suited up in the hero gear.

Y/n: Ok we are gonna start off with a few basic combat drills.

Team arrow: Yes sir!

Team arrow walks over to the training dummy's that i set up and starts to work on the basic combos. i walk over to my training dummy and start doing the same. 

Time skip 20 minutes later y/ns pov

It was now 6:20 am and we were now onto our sparing matchs. Right now it was roy vs laurel and let me tell you laurel was kicking roys ass. But just as laurel knocked roy out of the match one of the houses lights came on. I sigh knowing that one of ozpins team was gonna come out and ask us why we were up this early. But just then i see team rwby walk out in pajamas. I role my eyes and scoff at them remembering how much pain they caused me and oliver. Just then oliver walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

Oliver: Y/n Me and you lets have a sparing match to show them how much you have learned. 

I nod as i grab my bow and quiver and put them on. Oliver grabs his gear and we walk out onto the training ground which was just the front yard. Oliver runs at me and trys to punch me in the face. But i quickly block it and try to deliver a kick to his side but due to us being almost equal in fighting oliver blocks that attack and trys to deliver a counter attack. But i block that attack and try to hit oliver across the face with my bow. Just then oliver blocks that and it goes on like this for a long time. Both of us would go for a strike but we were both dead equal to eachother. Blow after blow me and oliver just kept going fighting as hard as we could be every strike we would deliver would be blocked by the other person. Finally after a standstill that was going on for about an hour i quickly did a front flip over oliver and drew an arrow and shot it at him. But oliver turned around and fire an arrow at me as well. Both of the arrows hit eachother head on and they both of the arrow heads shatter into pieces. Oliver smirks at me as we stop fighting and he walks over to me and puts a hand on my shoulder.

Oliver: That was an amazing match son. With more training you could be even better then me. 

I smile as oliver walks back over to his spot and sits down to take a sip of water. Just then i feel someone tap my shoulder. I turn around to see ruby standing there rubbing her arm. I glare at her and go to walk off but ruby grabs my arm. I sigh as i turn to face her and cross my arms.

Y/n: What do you want.

Ruby: Look yang never ment to shoot oliver and i never ment to hurt you with my silver eyes. I lost control ok.

Y/n: And yet you still did it you almost killed me ruby if it wasn't for oliver or the flash i would have been dead!

Ruby goes silent. So i turn to go sit down but ruby speaks up again.

Ruby: How about this if i can beat you in a fight then you have to forgive me.

I turn back and give ruby a smirk as i turn to face her.

Y/n: Fine go get your weapon.

Ruby runs inside to grab her weapon. She returns holding her scythe and she has her old arsenal quiver on her back along with her old bow on her back. I motion for her to get into her fighting stance. Ruby draws her scythe and gets into her fighting stance. She then runs at me and trys to deliver a 4 slash combo. But for each slash i block it with my bow. Ruby then fires a shot on the ground propelling herself up into the air. She then fires 2 fire dust infused shots at me. But i quickly dodge the shots and fire an arrow at her but she dodges it and launches herself back up into the air again. She then fires a 3rd shot at me but i quickly fire an arrow right at the bullet. Rubys eyes widen as the arrow shatters the bullet into pieces. Rubys eyes widen as he dodges the arrow and looks at me in shock.

Ruby: Thats impossible not even dust infused arrows can shatter a bullet how can your arrows do it?! 

Y/n: Its called reinforcing your arrows with the strongest types of metals that you know of get uses to it. 

Ruby then runs up to me and trys to slash me with her scythe but i duck under the slash and deliver a hard kick to her gut sending her stumbling back. Taking this chance i run up to her and deliver a 4 hit combo finishing it off by knocking rubys scythe out of her hand. Ruby then does a back flip and draws her old bow she aims an arrow at me and i smirk at her.

Y/n: Face it ruby you quit training with the bow and arrow the second after i left with oliver. Do you really wanna try firing an arrow at me.

Ruby fires one of her arrows at me but i catch it in my hand with ease. She then runs at me and trys to hit me with her bow but i easily block it due to her being outta practice. She trys to deliver a 3 punch combo but i block each of her hit and i counter by delivering a hard uppercut to her jaw sending her flying back.  I turn away from ruby but she slowly stands up blood is running down her lip. I sigh as i turn to face her and she runs at me again and trys to deliver a punch to my jaw. Quickly i duck under it and deliver a hard kick to her gut sending her back to the ground. I turn to walk away again but yet again ruby stands up.

Y/n: Quit getting up rose it wont do you any good.

Ruby: Never i wont stop getting up until you stop fighting. 

My eyes widen as i remember the first day of training that we had.

Flash back

Y/n: Look i know you cant handle this training so just give up.

Ruby: Never i wont give up!

Flashback ends.

Ruby runs at me and lunges at me. I go to block it but she hugs me. My eyes widen in shock as i look at her. She hugs me like her life depends on it.

Ruby: Please...forgive me please...

I hug her back.

Y/n: I forgive you but that doesn't mean that we can be a couple again the way i see it we are threw.

I turn away from ruby and walk back over to where my father is sitting and sit next to him to watch the remaining sparing match.