You're Your Father's Daughter

Summary: where peter, your boyfriend of many months, finds out that you're tony stark's daughter

Requested by anonymous: Can you do a peter parker x reader imagine where they're dating and her dad is tony stark but nobody knows because she uses her mom's last name and lives with her mom and basically doesn't like her dad and then could you make it be like how peter would react to finding out about that

Word count: 4.4k

Warnings: angst, swearing, daddy issues

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

You didn't like Tony Stark.

Sure, he was your dad, but after what he'd done to you and your mom, your dislike for him had grown immensely. You could barely remember living with him; you were so young that only bits and pieces of your life then stuck with you. Most of your memories with him seemed to be happy, yet you couldn't stand to even hear his name.

Although it was so long ago, you could still remember the day you and your mother left. She was crying, but being so young, you had no idea why. You were too young to understand why you'd moved, but a few years later your mom explained to you that she and Tony both decided it was best for both you and your mom to move away. She never went into detail why, saying it wasn't her place to tell you, which led you to assume that Tony wanted to live out his playboy lifestyle with nothing holding him back, even if that meant abandoning his daughter in the process. The last time you spoke to your father was the day you moved out all those years ago.

Even after all of that, you still had Tony's number saved in your phone. It was silly, but you couldn't make yourself delete it. Somehow, having his number saved kept you connected to that little bit of happiness he gave you in your younger years. The only time he called was on your birthday each year, and you always let it go to voicemail. He'd leave roughly the same message each time, usually saying 'happy birthday' and that he loved you.

He never said he missed you.

You'd listen to those voicemails over and over again, each and every replay digging into your soul. Deep, deep down, you knew you missed him, but you'd built up so many walls that the sadness manifested as resentment in your heart. Even hearing his name could make your blood boil; a defense against the cold, prying fingers of loneliness and longing.

Shaking your head to bring yourself back to reality, you realize that you're sitting in the lunchroom next to your boyfriend, Peter Parker.

"He just treats me like... like his own kid, you know?" he says adoringly, taking another bite of his sandwich, "He always listens to my ideas and encourages creativity and thinking outside the box. Whenever I suggest something, he takes it into consideration instead of waving me off for being just a kid."

If it were anybody else, you'd try to change the subject or politely leave to do something else. However, neither of those options worked with Peter. Even if you changed the subject, he'd somehow find his way back to Tony; plus, he knew you way too well to tell if you were trying to leave because you were upset. So, you just sucked it up and tried your best to filter out all of the Tony Stark talk. Now, you were sure that if you ever told him about your situation, he'd immediately stop. After all, he would never do anything to hurt you.

However, telling Peter wasn't a risk you could take.

If anybody ever found out that you were Tony Stark's daughter, your life would never be the same. People would only befriend you so they could use you, and you would always be compared to him. You wanted to be your own person and make a name for yourself without the help of your famous dad. Critics would most definitely blame your success on your bloodline rather than your brilliant, science-oriented mind, which wasn't something you wanted to deal with.