Arcades After Dark

Word count: 700

Summary: basically you and peter go to an arcade the night before decathlon & y'all admit ya feelins for each other oooo!!

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Knock knock knock.

"Pete, you in there?" you called through the door, leaning up to squint into the peephole.

"Y/N?" Peter swung open the door with a soft smile, causing you to jump backwards, "You know you can't see into a peephole from the outside of the door, right...?"

You waved your hand in front of your face before grabbing his hand, "Yeah, yeah, whatever. We're going to the arcade!"

"Wait, wait-" he tugged on your hand to prevent you from walking any further, causing you to shoot him an annoyed look, "Aren't we, um, supposed to stay in our hotel rooms?"

"Oh, come on, Pete! It's the day before decathlon, we gotta do something fun!" you pulled on his hand again and started to walk down the hallway, "Now come on, let's go before we get caught!"

Sighing, Peter relented and followed you down the hallway and into the elevator. "So, is everybody else gonna be there too, or..." he broke the silence.

"Nah, they all went swimming," you shrugged, "But I think the arcade is way more fun!" Plus, you got to spend more alone time with Peter. You'd had a crush on him for quite some time now, but you'd been best friends for forever, and you didn't want to mess that up. Besides, you were sure that Peter only saw you as a friend.

Ding!

The elevator doors opened and you took a step out, motioning for Peter to follow you. You silently navigated the dark hallways until you finally came upon the clear glass door that read "Arcade" on the front of it. Giving him a thumbs up, you pushed open the door, running across the oddly patterned floor. Peter ran after you, skidding to a stop in front of the ski-ball machines.

"Bet I can beat you!" you laughed, pressing the "start" button on the one directly in front of you.

"Oh yeah?" he hit the start button on his, "You're so on."

And so the night went, the two of you playing arcade games under the neon flashing lights of the arcade until you only had one game left to play.

The dance game.

Stepping onto one of the two platforms, you began to "stretch" while Peter picked a song for you to dance to.

"Ohh!! I love this song!" he cheered, immediately pressing it and stepping back onto the platform. You gave him a high five as Left Hand Free began to play and the arrows began to move faster and faster on the screen.

"Jesus, -wheeze- Peter, what difficulty did you -wheeze- set this to?" you panted while moving your feet as quickly as you could make them go. Glancing to your right, you could see that Peter was having just as much difficulty playing as you were.

"I don't -wheeze- know, Y/N," he replied, "I think -wheeze- expert??"

You groaned in response, shaking your head. Just as you were about to make some sort of sly remark, you tripped over your own clumsy feet, falling towards Peter. Luckily for you, he managed to catch you before you hit the ground.

"Than-" you began to speak, but when you looked up into his eyes, you froze. He was staring at you, the lights of the arcade reflecting in his chocolate colored eyes. His cheeks began to flush red as he continued to stare, awed by your beauty.

"Pete?" you said quietly, almost too quiet for him to hear. His eyes flickered down to your lips and back up a few times before he slowly leaned in, closing the gap between you. You leaned forward slightly to meet him in the middle, your lips pressing against each others softly before you pulled away.

"Wow," he said, causing you to giggle slightly, "I'm starting to think it was a pretty good idea to do this after all."

"Oh, shut up," you teased, "It was a great idea from the start." You took a deep breath before admitting, "I had no idea that you liked me."

"Like you?" he widened his eyes a bit, "Y/N, I love you."

You blushed and gave him another kiss before replying, "Yeah? That's pretty cool, because I love you too."