🔱THIRTEEN🔱

Arrow laid at the head of the life raft, not asleep but just simply relaxing. I smiled back at him form my spot beside Percy, who was currently steering the boat.

"Were you and Sadie close?" Percy asked, looking over at me. I bit my lip, nodding as I looked out at the water.

"Luke wasn't very fond of her, kind of treated her like crap finally arrived at camp. I took her under my wing, trained with her, I taught her how to be a fighter and stick up for herself. The last two years, though, something has just been off. She's been so distant, so far, we drifted apart. But when she let me go back there, I could see it in her. I could see that little girl again,"

Percy nodded, looking down at my hands. I tried to hide my hand from him, but he was quick to catch onto it.

"Tyson, why don't you steer for a little while," Percy said to his brother, who was back to having one eye now that the mist had worn off. Tyson nodded enthusiastically with a smile, taking the canister from Percy. He grabbed onto me, bringing me backwards away from the back and to the side of the little raft. "Let me see that."

I obliged, giving him my hand. The wound on my cheek wasn't bad, the blood stopping quickly and just leaving a faint mark. Sadie had cut my hand good, though, and it was still lightly bleeding.

"Were you going to tell me?"

"You were a little tied up," I joked, referring to Luke and to steering the boat. He shook his head, placing on hand into the ocean while he held mine with the other. I grinned at the familiarity of the situation, watching the water travel down his arm and envelop my wound, healing it completely. "That's the second time you've done that."

"The first time was the first night I kissed you," he muttered, running his fingers over the palm of my hand. 

"Let's not make a habit out of this," I joked again as Percy laughed, leaning forward slightly.

"I love you, Luna," he muttered, placing a light kiss on my lips. I hummed, kissing him back quickly before pulling away.

"I love you too, Percy,"

We stayed that way for a moment before I caught sight of Annabeth, who was cautiously watching Tyson at the back of the boat. I sighed at the sight, Percy looking back and seeing it as well. He held out his hand for me as he moved us to the back, sitting us across from her.

"I wouldn't have trusted him with a normal thermos," Annabeth said, looking between the two of us and she let Arrow on the head. I shook my head, looking down at my feet.

"I really don't see what your problem is," Percy told her.

"You don't know what I know about them," Annabeth muttered, looking up at Percy. "A cyclops killed Thalia. His kind killed her."

I could hear Percy sigh as he took my hand in his. It wasn't a night that Annabeth or I liked to revisit.

"I'm sorry, I never knew,"

"It's not something we like to talk about," I told Percy, looking up at him with a small smile. I looked toward Annabeth, my smile faltering a little. "But sometimes, you have to move on. Sometimes, you need to realize that not all people are the same, and they shouldn't be judged by the actions of others."

Annabeth looked away quickly as Arrow came up to me, placing his head in my lap.

The clouds, they're growing darker, Arrow told me, sniffing at the air. I looked around, Percy and Annabeth following my movements as well as they noticed the sky. I think a storm is rolling in.

"I think Arrow is right," I told Percy and Annabeth, patting the wolf on the head. "It does look like a storm is coming in."

The clouds grew incredibly dark all of the sudden, almost plunging us into pitch black. Annabeth's breath hitched as she looked back to us.

"It's not a storm, it's the Sea of Monsters,"

I tugged Arrow closer to me by the collar around his neck still, keeping him by me. The boat came to a slow stop, and we all looked back at Tyson, who's hands were now empty.

There was no time to be mad, though, as things only progressively got worse. Sharp, jagged looking fins protruded from the ocean, circling the boat we were in as we all huddled closely together.

"Tell me those aren't sharks," Annabeth said, he back pressed against mine.

"They aren't," I whispered, watching as the number of fins increased. "They're teeth. It's Charybdis!"

"Paddle!"

Percy and Annabeth immediately grabbed paddles, attempting to keep us on course through the now rough waters. I kept one arm latched to the collar around Arrow's neck, holding him close. My other arm grabbed Tyson, dragging him away from the edge of the boat.

Our boat was thrust into one of the teeth of Charybdis, the paddles flying from Percy and Annabeth's hands as they were thrown back against us.

"Percy, you might want to try something!" I called out, hugging Arrow and Tyson closer to me as the waters became even more rough. Percy reached his hand out to the water, attempting to control it much like back on the yacht, but nothing was working.

"Don't think the Sea of Monsters is in Poseidon's domain!" Annabeth called out, our life boat suddenly thrust from the edges of Charybdis and into her mouth.

"Hang on!"

Percy, Tyson, and Annabeth grabbed onto the strings of the side of the life boat. I followed suit, tugging Arrow up so I was practically holding him, keeping him between my body and the lifeboat as I clung to the string. Arrows front paws wrapped around my shoulders, his back packs around my waist as we clung to one another.

We were falling fast through the mouth of Charybdis, our bodies hanging almost horizontal along the boat. We all screamed, the boat hitting a rough section of water and straightening itself out. Percy grabbed onto me, tugging me in front of him. I gripped onto his arm and onto Arrow as Percy held onto the boat, keeping us rooted in place as Annabeth and Tyson grabbed onto sections of the boat closest to them.

And before we knew it, we were falling through the mouth of Charybdis.