XXIII

Sage's POV

"Morning Sage" I hear Mal say as I sit next to her at breakfast and surprisingly we are the first two down.

"Morning Mal" I say sitting down and kissing her cheek which makes her blush.

"Whats up?"

"Nothing much. You guys have dinner off tonight right?"

"Yep."

"Great I'll pick you up at 7." I say with a smile to which she returns.

"Sounds great." I say and then lean my head on her shoulder and we eat in silence. Soon enough the whole team is in the breakfast room and everything is going so well until Kelley see's Mal and I.

"HEY LOVE BIRDS" She yells upon entering the room.

"Ugh dammit" I whisper loud enough that Mal hears and chuckles. " Hey Kel."

"How's my favorite young couple." Shit. Kelley I swear if you ruin this plan.

"We aren't a couple Kelley" Mal says in a weird tone where I can't tell if she is sad or not, but I think she I sad.

"Well do you want to be a couple?"

I really don't want to have to answer that with so many people around and thankfully neither of us have to say anything.

"KELLEY" Tobin yells causing everyone to look at her. "Stop."

"I'm not doing anything."

Now Alex speaks up." Kelley...Sit down."

"But-"

"NOW" Alex's eyes turn a weird color and not gonna lie it's kinda scary.

Kelley doesn't say anything and sits down. The breakfast room is quiet for a little bit, but eventually people start talking. Mal looks sad still and I'm pretty sure I know why and I need to fix it and fast.

I nudge Mal's shoulder to get her attention "Hey can we talk in like five minutes?" She nods. "Great. I'll be outside in the lobby." I then get up and make my way over to Alex and Tobin and kneel between them.

"Thank you both for that."

"No problem. Nobody needs to be put on the spot in a situation like that." Alex says.

"Yeah well I'm a little pissed at her."

"I would be too." Tobin says.

"Yeah she put us on the spot and more importantly she made Mal sad."

"Why is she sad?"

"I think she wants to be a couple and maybe she didn't want the attention on her relationship, but I'm not really sure." Now I'm sad. Dammit Kelley. "And yes before you say what you're thinking I'm about to go ask her in a minute."

"Well Good luck with that."

After my talk with Tobin and Alex I go wait in the lobby for like ten seconds and then Mal walks out of the breakfast room. Perfect timing. I hold my hand out to her and she takes it and intertwines our hand. Suddenly I get a sense of safety."Why don't we take a walk so we aren't interrupted."

"Sounds good" Mal says and we leave the hotel and walking around the block. During the walk some people give disapproving looks, but I couldn't care what they think because I only care about me and Mal.  We don't really talk about anything deep until we turn the corner of the block to head back to the hotel. Now or never Sage.

"Mal can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Why did you get sad when Kelley asked about us as a couple?"