Chapter 2: The Crazy Crew

I knock on the door of house number 14, plucking the material of the skinny jeans that stuck to me like a second skin.

I felt obligated to pull a halter top over my head and curl my hair to a half up-half down bun. I guess it's because, despite being the psycho of the school, Cassandra Vincent is really popular. She's really respected for her dare streak of 32 accomplished dares throughout the school years.

Despite her position in the marvellous hierarchy of our school, she's not exactly famous with the police. Well, not positively, at least. She doesn't have the kind of relationship a normal person would hope to have with the police. Not the, 'I got a guy inside to vouch for me' or the, 'I'm dating the chief detective'. Nah, more like the, ' I kissed a cop, stole his keys and wallet and drove away in his police car'. Oh, and the, 'My parents had to bail me out of juvie three times' kind of relationship.

Yeah, thinking back on that, I'm not doing this.

Just as I'm backing away from the door, it's wrenched open and I'm caught like a deer in headlights- I'm staring wide-eyed at the friendly face I recognise from school events as Mrs Vincent, Cassandra's mother. There's a pause as she inspects me.

"You must be here for Cassie's homework group," she grins. At this point, I've wrestled the metaphorical cat for my tongue back and I speak,

"Yes, that's me."

I plaster a smile on my face. She moves, splaying an arm out- a gesture for me to enter their house. I send a swift signal to my feet to move, and they do, slowly stepping onto patterned tiles, treating them like chunks of rock bobbing upon molten lava.

Their house is beautiful.

I mean, of course it is. Mrs Vincent is a lawyer and her husband, a doctor.

But, whenever there isn't white, there's cream or black. Everything is neat and uniform, like a cover page of a home décor magazine. What's more is that you've got a bunch of familiar faces gathered on couches around a coffee-table , postures straight, cheery and friendly expressions and clad in -oh, no- plain pastel colours that wonderfully add to the houses appearance. They've got books splayed on the said coffee-table , silently discussing and jotting down answers in there notebooks.

I'm about to say something, when a tall, metallic eyed man comes to view. For the first time, I inspect Mrs Vincent outfit. She's got a dark maroon dress on, a purse in hand and the man that seems to be her husband has a matching tie. He nods curtly at me and I nod back, watching as he kisses his wife's cheek and glances to me thereafter.

Awe, he's territorial.

My focus goes back to my surroundings. Everyone is dressed so prim and proper. The wonderful contrast with colours is satisfyingly beautiful, and then you have me, halter top and all. I suddenly wonder how Mr and Mrs Vincent have such a clean house with Cassandra and her ambition.

Feeling self-conscious about my attire, I grip the straps of my canvas bag, trying to hide my body. "We'll be home by twelve, honey. Don't stay up." Mrs Vincent called to one specific child, her daughter. This causes her to turn around from her seat on the couch and meet her mother's gaze. "Alright, mother," Cassandra Vincent answers in a fake snobbish accent, "Have a wonderful night!"

When the door is shut and her parents have left the room, everyone slowly start to pack their things away, and Cassandra's gaze drifts to the figure nervously contrasting with the white walls surrounding them- me.

Her tinfoil eyes harden to stone and she snarls, "Ah, you're here," her voice is as smooth as sandpaper, "What took you so long?" Cassandra's eyes dart to the corner's of the living room, near the ceiling. My own hazel orbs follow hers to the camera's that I didn't notice before. Oh, she's acting like this because her parent's could be watching her. She's being monitored. Thank Hera.

Next thing I know, Cassandra's arms are around me, her untrimmed nails digging painfully into the skin on my back that's not covered by materials. The rest of the group ignore us, paying no attention whatsoever, as if this happened everyday.

"Who the hell are you?" She seethes. "Gabriella Hood," I wheeze, trying to peal her off me. "Ah," she steps back, much to my satisfaction (although I'm sure there are indents of her nails in my back), "Gabby, so great to see you!" Her screech of forced enthusiasm manage to get the attention of the teenagers around the coffee-table. I almost immediately recognise them as the Crazy Crew. They accompanied Cassandra on her seasonal trips to juvie.

Oh no, this isn't good. This is bad. Very, very bad. I have to get out of here.

As I'm about to shout, "Gotta blast!" and dash out the front door when Cassandra's claw-like fingertips are wrapped around my arm as she pulls me forward, grinning mischievously at her crew.

"Gabby here is going to join us here, Val, take her up to the bathroom and...adjust her outfit." The said Viscous Valerie and her long auburn hair jolt up from her seat, obediently scurrying to Cassandra's side.

My eyes narrow suspiciously, "Why? What's wrong with my outfit?"

"I don't like it."

"Same, "I agree, scowling down at my outfit, inwardly hating myself, " The jeans are way too tight and this top is hella revealing," I point to the amount of cleavage my top is displaying. Why and how do I even own this? And what possessed me to wear it?

"Oh, no, sugar," Cassandra's voice interrupts my internal questions and she hands me to Valerie as if I'm some object, "It's not revealing enough."

My eyes widen as I begin to understand what she's saying and I shake my head, pulling my arm away from Valerie, but to no avail. What did I expect? That Crazy Cassie actually would want to throw a homework party? I'm such an idiot.

"Josh, Andy," Cassandra shifts to the Wasted Welling twins. Joshua pulls out a computer from nowhere, his fingers instantaneously flying over the keyboard while his brother, Andrew, runs off to the kitchen.

I'm too frozen in shock, incredulity and confusion to register Viscous Valerie dragging me up an increasing row of stairs. The last thing I see disappearing into a bathroom is the glint of metal in Valerie's hands, the cameras in the living room lagging and Crazy Cassie's sadistic grin.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi, everyone!

What are your thoughts and opinions on our new characters? Crazy Cassie and her Crew? Aren't they just obedient puppies?

Chapter 3 tomorrow.

Cote!

~cakeanddonuts~