Chapter 3: Party

The 'glint of metal' in Valerie's hands, I realized when I recovered from my shock turned out to be a pair of scissors, and after almost slicing my legs in half from my fierce protests, I was squeezed into my new and improved pair of super short, super uncomfortable and super chilly denim shorts and cropped halter top. Honestly, I preferred the jeans and normal halter. She also added makeup to my acne spotted cheeks and forehead. It made my face feel tight and sticky, fake. It's just going to clog my pores and worsen my pimples, what's the point?

Valerie walks in front of me, making our way to the living room where - quite surprisingly- is piled with a mass of unrecognisable teenagers. I shake my head disapprovingly.

Well, of course they would be unrecognisable, I chastised myself, it's so damn dark. It's true. The black and cream ornaments and accessories that were displayed as furniture are now pushed to the corner of the room. Music blares from speakers that sit atop the furniture, playing the latest hits with the bass drumming off my chest. My eyes squint into the darkness and I try to utilize the coloured lights to fathom some landmark that reminds me that yes, this is the Vincent house.

I don't know how Cassandra did it, but she managed to pull together a full-blown house party in the ten minutes that I was in the bathroom with Viscous Valerie. She really was merciless in there! Jagged lines cut across the make-shift shorts exposing more of my tanned skin.

Diverting my steps from the booze and sweat stinking living room, I search for Crazy Cassie, breaking off from Valerie.

The grimy sweat and dirt of other people rubs off on me as I squash through them, like Satan's own personal perfume. I frowned distastefully at the new predicament, being careful not to trip over any scattered unconscious bodies and swiftly dodging spews of vomit. My eyes skip to the white couch that was squashed into a corner of the room, sudden concern washing over me. Its stained in some pinkish liquid and other -hopefully- sleeping teenagers that were pushed to the side.

My frown deepens. Poor couch...

That's when I slam into a wall.

Or someone's back, I can't conclude with the lack of light.

It turned out to be a back, a huge guy's muscular back holding a red Solo cup. He slowly rotates on his heel, looking down on me. Yes. Down on me. My 5'10 is nothing compared to his approximate 6'4.

His dark eyes blaze as he lays eyes on me and then... he burps. Wow, just, wow. Charming. I'm about to move out of the way and leave but his arm bands around my waist. "Where you going, mami?" He slurs, eyes lidded now. "Where's your partner? Don't have one?" Another burp, "We can fix that soon enough."

I scowl in disgust, pushing him away from me, but he leans in closer. My eyes widen in fear and I start to squirm in his arms, pushing and tugging.

His lips meet mine and I push his chest harder, trying to wrench away from the sloppy, intoxicated and disgusting kiss, but to no avail. As a last resort, I lift my knee to make contact with his groin, resulting in him pulling away and crumpling to the floor, groaning. I run off, only looking back to see his friends helping him up, a portion of them laughing, or both.

I can't help but smirk cockily at my accomplishment when I pluck my phone from my canvas bag that's still strapped around me. After making it out the front door, I call Melanie's, telling her to pick me up.

During the few minutes I waited for her arrival, out of fear of running into more drunken teenagers, I hid in a bush in the front lawn, surviving on nothing but pure determination to live through the loud music and cheers that still echoed from the houses open windows.

Thankfully, when she arrived, Melanie pushed the door open for me, smiling. "How'd you get here so fast?" I ask, plopping my bottom into the passenger seat, grateful that my butt can finally rest on something soft and comfortable. "I was in the area and I was already- wait! What happened to the skinny jeans?!" She cries, her wide eyes darting in between the road and my legs. "Crazy Cassie and her Crew." I grumble, folding my arms like a stubborn, good-for-nothing toddler. "Tell me all about it." Melanie tears her gaze away from the road to quickly scrutinize me with her eyes.

And I do, every detail. From Cassandra's house to the bastard that stole my first kiss. Her eyes were wide and expression shocked once we arrived at my driveway. "Oh my..." It seems as if she was at a loss for words. I am fuming mad, though. Madder then I'd ever been. The last time my face was red and my cheeks were that puffy, I had lost at a game of Call Of Duty and had to cough up fifty dollars.

But really, what is the point of being mad? It was my fault for agreeing to attend and now, I had to pay the price. The price being an insane amount of homework and an overdose of caffeine. So, I take the fault. Yes. Me. Unexpected, huh? I take full responsibility for my actions and would willingly accept the consequences. Such as a parent -teacher meeting, detention and possible grounding.

"You know what, Mel?" I speak up, a freakishly calm expression on my face. Melanie looked at me, snapping her head in my direction and narrowing her eyes in question.

"Forget it. Let me be mature about this. I deserve this."

She gaps at me for a second, but placates, agreeing. "I'm proud of you, Gabby." She draws in for a hug and I smiles at her.

"Good night, good luck. Maybe you can come in early and we can finish it together in the Library."

"Good night, thanks." I exit her car and wave goodbye with a grateful smile, walking to my front door, hearing Melanie's car drive off.

When I enter my house, my parents are asleep, their combined snores blaring from their bedroom door upstairs. I smile, walking to the fridge and pouring myself a tall, refreshing glass of water, drowning the bitter taste of alcohol that had lingered in the Vincent's house and stuck to me like a tick on a dog. I truthfully don't care about whether she got in trouble with her parents or not.

After a hot, berry scented shower, and now suited into my warm, fuzzy panda onsie, I pull out a box of matchsticks and travel out to my backyard with the torn denim shorts and cropped halter top I wore to the party in hand. Once here, I form a sort of circle with a couple of stones, pile the clothes inside of it. Lighting a match, I throw it into the pile of clothes, my own sadistic grin plastered on as I watched the flames lick the cold night air.

Only on thought was mulled over in my head at the dining table as I contemplated on the second question in my Math homework (which consisted of twenty-six parts) was,

Fuck you, Cassandra-Kourtney Vincent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey, everyone!

Anyone else loving our main character? I sure do.

Don't forget to:

Vote;

Comment;

Share;

Send some feedback.

~cakeanddonuts~

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I Agreed - COMPLETEDजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें