9

I woke up at the sweet hour of 12pm and stretched, feeling good about myself for once. I checked the swelling on my ankle, which wasn't bad but it hurt like hell. I Velcro on my brace and dress in blue mom jeans and a black shirt that I tied in the front. I brush out my hair and let it be down for the day. I also pulled on my usual black vans and went into the living area.

"Morning, sleepy," Ella comments and I stick my tongue out at her, brewing myself a cup of coffee.

"Morning to you to," I say, and I hear her giggle.

"You have any plans?" Ella asks, and I put some ice cubes in my coffee.

"No," I say, stirring my coffee around.

"Elton texted me saying they wanted to pull a prank on Colby today, and he invited us to help out," she says, and I nod.

"What's the prank?" I ask, and she shrugs.

"No idea, but knowing them it is going to be hilarious," she says, and I nod in agreement.

"Alright, let's go," I say and she grabs her keys. We drive to their house, and Elton, Corey, and Sam are waiting out by a hedge, filming an intro.

"And here are our supporters!" Elton says, as he pulls out a garage door opener thing.

"Hello!" Ella says, and I walk over slowly.

""So basically, since these people weren't here in time, we are going to be filling Colby's car with packing peanuts and wrapping it in a bunch of shit. I also got him a present, which I am going to hide in his trunk, but he won't look there first," Elton says, and I step back laughing.

"You guys are mad," I say, and Corey and Sam shrug.

"Whatever," Elton says, then starts trying to open the garage. It doesn't open, and we all look at each other.

"Um," Sam starts, then Corey pipes in.

"Dude, it has been a minute," Corey says, and i nod in agreement.

"You guys got any snack inside?" Ella asks, and I nod, smiling.

"yeah, I think we have some pizza," Sam says, and we all go inside. We walk around to the garage door and open the garage from the inside, revealing Elton standing outside still.

"My god," he mumbles, and we laugh. He shows us the gift he got I'm, and I couldn't believe it. He puts it back in the bag, and Elton moves to the giant ass rolls of bubble wrap.

"Cinderella wrapping paper?" Ella questions seeing the wrapping paper on the floor. Sam picks it up and laughs, and then we drop it while Elton gets Colby's car keys.

"Okay, we have an hour, let's get started," Elton says, and we prop the camera up while we start to fill his car with peanuts. We had all the windows down, and were pouring in bag after bag of packing peanuts.

"Okay, let's move to bubble wrap," Elton says, and with the help of Ella we started wrapping the car in bubble wrap. We wrapped the car for at least thirty minutes with various things, then finally cover the whole thing in Cinderella wrapping paper. We then wait for Colby to come out since he was going to a party that night. After ten minutes, he finally comes out, his face in his phone. I smiled, and waited for his reaction.

"What the hell?" He said when he saw the state his car was in. I laughed at his reaction, and the look on his face was priceless, and absolutely adorable at the same time. He starts to take apart the wrapping paper, and falls over taking off the bubble wrap. When he sits back up and sees the packing peanuts, I die laughing.

"Josie, Ella, did you help or just watch?" He asks, and I smirk.

"Oh, we helped all right," I say, and he lowers his head laughing. I smile and take a seat on a ledge thing since my ankle was killing me. He finally got all the wrapping off, and someone had the great idea of driving around with the packing peanuts in the car.

"I'll sit out, I gotta ice my ankle. You got any ice in the freezer?" I ask, and Colby nods, remembering how I had told him I had rolled it yesterday.

"Yeah, we do. You can chill on the couch, I think Dev and Kat may be there," he says as Ella joins them in the car. I watch them drive away, peanuts spilling out of the windows, and laugh. I walk inside and sure enough Devyn and Kat were in the kitchen.

"Hey, girl!" Kat says, and I smile as I open the freezer.

"Hey! They all went for a drive in Colby's packing-peanut filled car," I say, taking a seat at the island and propping my ankle on a chair.

"Wait, what happened?" Devyn asked when she saw I was icing my ankle.

"My dumb ass jumped out of a window yesterday," I say, and Kat nods.

"In Ella's video, right?" She asked, and I nod, "she posted it last night."

"Oh wow that was fast," I comment, giggling.

"Yeah," Devyn comments, and after at least twenty minutes we hear a car pull back into the driveway. They came into the house loud as can be, and went straight into the kitchen.

"That was wild," Ella says, leaning on the counter next to me.

"You doing good?" Colby asks, getting a water out of the fridge.

"Yep I am," I say, giving a thumbs up, and he smiles.

"Good," he caps his water bottle, then Ella realized she had to go to the store to get something. We said bye to everyone and left. The second she closed the door and started driving, she said the most bizarre thing.

"I think Colby is into you, Jo," she says, and I give her a look.

"What? No, he was just curious if I was doing okay," I say, and she looks back at me.

"Eyes on the road!" I say, and she looks back ahead.

"The look he gave you totally gave it away," she said, and I swore I could hear a hint of jealousy in her voice.

"Doubt it," I say, and look out the window at the passing LA scenery.