Just a Random Day in my Life

"Class, we are going to be learning about different types of diseases." Mrs. Williams announced. "First we are going to discuss why might different diseases be caused. Talk about that with your partners while I go to Mrs. Perez's room to see if she has any extra test papers. It seems we are two short." She left the room and the class immediately burst out into conversation. None of it was about the question though, it was probably about the party that I forgot their name was having at their house. Sarine, the leader of all the popular girls, stood up and climbed  onto her desk, smirking. Oh no.

 "Hey everyone," she shouted. The whole class quieted. Everyone knew that at that moment somebody was about to be embarrassed, or something rude, mean,or foul was about to come out of her mouth. I shut my eyes praying to God that I wasn't about to be embarrassed. Sarine was soooooooo full of herself. She thought she was as great as a Magik, and that is a huge claim to make, mostly because Magiks are regarded as remarkable and are very respected in society, I've always wondered why she thinks like that. Maybe it's because she's rich or because she wears too much makeup I myself have always dreamed of being a Magik, but everyone knows that that's never going to happen. "Maybe Ariana -," at that moment Mrs. Williams walked back into the classroom. I sighed with relief, Sarine had gotten so close to embarrassing me.

 "Sarine! Why in the world are you standing on your desk!? If you don't get off this instant I'm going to have to send you to the principal's office!" Sulking Sarine slowly eased herself off of her desk. Mrs. Williams rolled her eyes," Class dismissed," she said. Everyone ran to the doors trying to get out of the classroom as fast as they could. Sarine was first of course. I could see her long blond hair and piles of jewelry moving to the front of the pack.

That afternoon I walked to lunch hoping with all my heart that maybe, just maybe today, nobody would notice me.

 "Hey loser!" Sarine shouted at me. "Why are you here? No one wants to see your face!" I winced, of course they wouldn't ignore me. I decided to just keep on walking, and pretend they weren't there. Someone grabbed my shoulder and threw me on the ground. I could already feel blood in my mouth, and I saw a red stain growing on the concrete below me. "Don't ever walk away from me," Sarine hissed. Giggles erupted around me as Sarine kicked me in the stomach. Not again. 

That night I winced as I got into bed. I had done my best to avoid my family so they wouldn't see the scars Sarine gave me. Why me, why did it have to be me.