those feelings you got there

"What? Who likes math?"

Kaycee sighed, flopping on the bed with her friend Bailey. They had come to the Rice residence right after their last class of the day and once showering she was more than ready to turn in for the night. Plus, she couldn't wait until tomorrow. She really couldn't wait.

"People like math," Kaycee yawned, peeking over at Bailey's phone screen. She was watching a recent video Kayc did with Famous Birthdays on Youtube. The sleepy sixteen-year-old had admitted to liking math and numbers more than reading.

If Bailey responded Kaycee was only half listening. She was at war with herself, her body was screaming sleep but her mind was racing with the thoughts of reuniting with her best friend after a whole month apart.

"Are you even listening?" Bailey's voice had finally caught her attention.

Kaycee blinked. "Um yeah, what happened?"

Sean Lew and Kaycee Rice were a match made in Heaven. With their perfect chemistry and undeniable talent there literally couldn't be a better set of best friends. He had been so busy traveling lately and tomorrow he'd finally be back in L.A. Kaycee was used to seeing her best friend almost every day, and even though they had been apart before...

She was missing him more than usual for some reason.

"KAYCEE CAITLIN RICE!"

Startled, she jumped and suddenly she wasn't thinking about Sean from the bed anymore. Instead, she was glaring at Bailey from the floor.

"Yes?" She groaned, slowly getting up and sliding on the bed to lay next to her again.

Bailey chuckled, switching her phone screen off. "Nevermind, goodnight." The smirk on her face didn't go unnoticed by Kaycee as she turned to face away from her.

Kaycee rolled her and eyes sat up. "Nope, you didn't just scream me off the bed for nothing. Tell me."

"I was just wondering when you were gonna finally admit those feelings you got there," Bailey responded her back still to Kaycee.

"Bails, what are you talking about?"

"Sean."

"What about him?" Kaycee frowns.

Bailey sighs and moves to face Kaycee again. "You were totally just fantasizing about him as always. Just go confess your undying love for him already."

If Kayc was drinking something she'd probably want to dramatically spit it out about now.

"I wasn't fantasizing about anyone." She scoffed. "Sean is my best friend and I love him but that's it. There will be no confessing."

"Oh come on Kaycee-"

"Hm, would you look at the time." She interrupts, looking at her wrist as if there was an actual watch on it. "I think it's about time we sleep. We have to get up early for Jojo's class tomorrow remember?"

Kaycee quickly relaxes into the bed, getting comfortable under the covers she shared. It was her way of ending the conversation. How could Bailey think she was secretly crushing on Sean? Of course, her short-haired friend wasn't the first to make that kind of assumptions. They were always teased by their peers about liking each other and their fans were crazy about just them being together.

Seaycee (Sean&Kaycee) was a ship that everyone knew of. However, Kaycee was content with being best friends. Sure he made her heart flutter and sure she thought about him a little too much sometimes, but the bond they had couldn't be ruined because it would ruin her.

That boy had become her other half, confessions would change that. Not that there's anything to confess...

Right?

"Mhmm, whatever. This conversation's nowhere near over, you'd better be lucky I'm tired." Bailey yawns and pulls the cover more towards her side.

Kaycee was tempted to just close her eyes and fall asleep because soon she heard Bails snoring, she was ready for another dreamless night. But she couldn't go to sleep quite yet though, no she was waiting for something.

When the clock read 11:30 pm Kaycee was definitely dosing off into a slumber, and just before she could reach it her phone notified her of a text message. She had got what she'd been waiting for.

message from - Shamu

goodnight weirdo💙

A small sleepy smile formed her lips as she typed back.

goodnight lewser💙

- sent

"This bond can't be ruined." Kaycee thought as she held the phone close to her chest.

"It just can't be."

***

I don't have a specific updating time for this story at all😇 I hope you like it, let's see where this goes.

~weirdestlewser 💃🏼