new girl

"You walked into the room and now my heart's been stolen..."

"You took me back in time to when I was unbroken."

The sound of James Arthur's Can I Be Him woke Kaycee Rice up at 8:15 am the next day. Usually, she'd turn her alarm off and get a few more minutes of sleep in but surely not today.

It's didn't surprise her that Bailey was already out of bed before she got up. Bails was a morning person, the complete opposite of Kayc.

She slid out of bed with ease and went over to her closet to pick out her outfit for the day. A pair of leggings and a cropped shirt kept her stylish and comfortable, it always did. Kaycee thought about what she'd do with her hair on the way to the shower...

If it was any normal day she'd straighten it and secure it in a ponytail, but today she was going to JoJo's class; it would be contemporary. Plus, she kept in mind that a certain somebody likes it natural and curly.

After breakfast with the parentals, Bails and Kayc were finally arriving at the dance studio. The cold December air made her shiver as the Uber drove away. Bailey inched close to her, doing the same.

"It's freezing." She whined, completely regretting not taking the gloves Kaycee offered her earlier.

"Told ya," Kayc replied teasingly as they made their way inside Tim's studio.

The place was already flooded with peers, old friends, and people she didn't bother speaking to. All amazing dancers nonetheless.

"The Bronk has arrived." Tim Milgram, TmillyTv's owner greeted the girls once they entered the class.

"Baicee in the flesh, woah" Bailey grinned. As if Kaycee read her mind, they did the dance in sync.

"So who's filming today, you or Rude?" Kaycee asked, walking to set their things down.

She peeked over at the entrance to see if he had shown up yet.

"Me, he claims he's better at it but we all know the truth," Tim smirked while crossing his arms over his chest.

Donovan and Tim, always bickering.

Kaycee was a second away from whipping her phone out to yell at Sean for not being there when they arrived. However, she caught Bailey watching her from the corner of her eyes. She could hear her already, claiming she had some type of nonexistent obsession with the seventeen-year-old.

Like God answering her prayers, Jojo's voice rang through the class.

"Twinkle Toes!"

They all directed their attention to the women at the sound of the familiar nickname. Jojo was currently hugging Sean.

He's here.

From the luscious dark locks that fell over his forehead, to the famous grey sweatpants. Everything screamed Sean Charles Lew; multi-talented, absolutely gorgeous, teenage genius. The girls watched as everyone dropped what they were doing to greet him, Tim walking up to join in.

He took his time to hug everyone, as his usual loving self. It didn't take long to notice that someone was standing beside him. A little too close for Kaycee's liking, not that she'd ever admit it. It was a girl, about five foot six inches tall, with straight strawberry blonde hair and large dull green eyes.

Much to her discomfort, Kayc realized that those eyes were staring directly at her.

"Um, who's that?" Bailey asked, also spotting the girl they had never seen before.

"I don't know."

"Why she starin' at you like that?"

"I don't know," Kaycee repeated, shrugging.

Sean began introducing the new girl, and Kaycee unlocked her phone to scroll through Instagram. She had made it mandatory that the last hug Sean gave out would be hers, even though she was getting a little impatient.

When his eyes finally landed on her, Kaycee couldn't help the smile that formed her face. He chuckled when she gave him a look that clearly stated what's taking you so long.

"Hey princess, I'm glad you came." Jojo hugged her once they approached.

"Glad to be here as always."

Suddenly she was being lifted off the ground by her legs and thrown over her best friend's shoulder. Giggles immediately erupted from Kayc as Sean began spinning her around.

"Put me down you goof!" She laughed, lightly pounding him on the back with her fist.

On the third and final spin, she caught sight of something that had her curious.

Those green eyes were most definitely rolling.

Interesting, Kaycee thought.

Sean placed the brunette back on her feet, seconds later he was embracing her. The familiar smell of the cologne that she got him for his birthday floated from his weirdo apparel hoodie and into her nostrils.

"Missed me angel?"

***

how's life treatin' ya? have you also rewatched "not today" an unhealthy amount of times?

thanks for reading💙

~ weirdestlewser