mess of a mind

"I have to use the bathroom."

Fast as lightening, Kaycee was stepping away from Sean and on her way across the room. She didn't look at him or anybody and she was sure to return before too much of the choreography was missed.

What the actual-

Cursing wasn't exactly her thing, but Kaycee was frustrated, if she were anybody else; there would probably be a whole lot of profanity going on at the moment.

For one she was agitated with herself. They, no, she had been so...

Loud.

Although yelling at Sean about it was nothing new, Kayc had always made sure to try and keep their moments private on her end. And even though these moments did mean something to them, they knew that their fans would take it to a whole other level. If she even looked at Sean for more than a second and it was caught on camera, rumours would go crazy. It would be analysed by Seaycee shippers like they were paid to do it.

The thought made her giggle, as Kaycee Rice could never stay mad about anything for long. It was just always really hard for her to stop thinking about, well, everything. Sometimes her thoughts drove her crazy, it didn't matter exactly what she was thinking of...

She just couldn't stop thinking.

Phoebe.

Right now, her mind was racing. The new girl was flooding her brain. Kaycee didn't know exactly what to think of Phoebe just yet. If she was a friend of the Lews, then why hadn't they met yet? Why did she seem to have something against her? Why hasn't Sean ever mentioned her before? She just didn't know.

What Kaycee did know, is that she didn't like the nickname Phoebe had for her best friend. Bubba, it was something that Jojo Gomez called RudeBoyDonavan, who happened to be her boyfriend.

Sean was not Phoebe's boyfriend, she was positive of that.

Who is she to him, then?

How long have they known each other?

Why does she keep looking at me like that?

She told herself that these questions were coming straight from curiosity. It's not like she was jealous or anything. Just a little possessive, and a little...

Competitive.

It was fine, she'd mind her business as usual. Plus, Kaycee wasn't there for really pretty creepy looking girls, she was there to do what she loved.

But he is my business.

I have to get out of here.

It was certain; if the girl stayed in that bathroom a second longer, she probably wouldn't come out. Sometimes it was that easy to let her thoughts consume her, and that's when she wanted most to be alone.

Sighing, Kaycee took one last glance at herself in the bathroom mirror before exiting. It was only a matter of time before Bailey waltzed in, wondering if her best friend had actually fell in the toilet or something.

Stupid short jokes.

Her first instinct was to look for Sean, class was in motion. She predicted either being paired with him or getting a solo. Finding the lewser was easy, as he was standing next to Bails and of course, next to the new girl.

She only had room to stand on Phoebe's left side, separating her from Bailey and Sean. With a shrug she made her way over to her spot, but not without bumping her fist with Sean's first.

Kaycee rolled her eyes when he winked at her, a small promise to explain things when he got the time. She didn't have to tell him about the nickname for him to know she didn't like it, he just knew.

He always just knew.

Their perfect chemistry existed far beyond the dance floor. And if Phoebe didn't grasp that now, she was going to.

Kaycee would make sure of it.

***

Applause sounded through the room as Haley left from the middle of the dance floor and back to her spot by the huge fan. That girl was an absolute powerhouse, and a regular whenever Jojo taught at Tmilly Studios.

"Alright Kaycee, you're next."

One hour and thirty minutes later, she was on her way to the centre of the room. The clapping and catcalls made her smile even though she was used to it. Her name was shouted by others in encouragement, the expectations were high when this angel was performing.

Sean and Kaycee were easily the greatest storytellers of their generation.

"Oh my God it's Kaycee Rice!" Sean exclaimed dramatically, getting a few laughs out of everyone.

Kaycee giggled, shaking her head at his antics. What could she say? He was her biggest fan.

She noticed that Phoebe made it her job to scoot closer to Sean now that she wasn't in the way. Her eyes locked with Bailey who was giving her a knowing look.

Not important right now.

Kaycee didn't want to think. She took at deep breath as the song began, trying to calm her mess of a mind that was forever on a roll. The music was already flowing through her, and when the lyrics started, nothing else mattered...

Not even a nickname.

***

currently obsessing over matt's blindfold dance challenge ft sean & kayc. It's a collab I've been waiting for.

seaycee shippers, he fed us well.

thanks for reading💙

~weirdestlewser