A New Beginning?

About a week goes by and Jen still in the hospital waiting impatiently to get out. Lupe and Marc decide to go visit her but keep the kids at home still.

Lupe-”Before we go in, what should we do about you and her? I mean, she can't stay with you because she is with Harry.”

Marc-”I will tell her soon, but for now lets just play it out and see if her memory comes back or not.”

-”Ok but what about Harry? And what about the kids? It will throw them off?”

-”We will take it slow, I wont get connected back to Jen, we divorced for a reason but I will take care of her. That is what she thinks and for now we have to keep it that way, I will be careful.”

-”Ok, come on, lets go see how she is doing.”

They walk into the room, Jen was moved from ICU to a regular care room now.

Jen looks over to see Lupe and Marc standing in the door.

“Hi papi.” *with a huge smile on her face*

“Morning mami. how are you feeling today.”

“A lot better. I really can’t wait to go home, how are the coconuts?”

“Good, they miss you, hey I need you to listen because I know you don’t remember but Harry Connick Jr. is a very good friend of yours. I am telling you this because he will be by again to see you.”

“Okay...That’s difficult since I don’t know anything about him.”

“Well ask him questions baby.” *Lupe responds* “He will answer anything you ask him.”

“Okay..Marc can you just come hold me please.” *she starts to tear up*

“Mami don’t cry, I hate seeing you cry.”

“I just hate it, I just don’t remember my friends or things that have happened.”

“Baby it’ll take time.”

“I’m just glad I remember us, you and me, my perfect life, my fairytale dream come true.”

Marc looks at Lupe with a sigh and hugs Jennifer kissing her forehead. Harry is now standing behind Lupe with flowers for Jen.

“Hi Jennifer.”

“Oh hi Harry. Right?”

“Yes.” *he sighs though*

“Are those for me?” *her face lights up*

“Yeah Jasmine flowers, your favorite.”

“Oh my gosh they must have been so hard to find, thankyou.” *she puts the flowers down and brings Harry in close hugging him. He laid his chin on her shoulder smiling.*

*Knock Knock*

“Hey Doc.” *Marc Greets him*

“How are we doing today Jennifer?”

“Pretty good, well ,I guess, when can I go home?”

“Well I was getting to that. Your vitals and everything look wonderful. Although you do have some ribs that need healing and your leg will be in that cast for at least 3 more weeks my dear. Other than that you look good to go home tomorrow. But it is all up to..”

Before he could finish. “Yes I want to go home tomorrow yeah Marc?”

“Are you sure you are really ready?”

“If it means being home with you on the couch everyday with the coconuts by our side than yes.”

Harry is now sitting in the chair beside Lupe.